Thread: hotmail login problem.

nasty Guest

Default hotmail login problem.

(zass 6.1.737.000)If i want to read my mails in hotmail i've got problems with hotmail.msn.com and

loginnet.passport.com

i can't login... so i go to privacy sitelist (options) and put these site in it

hotmail.msn.com,login.passport.com,login.passport. net,loginnet.passport.com,passport.com,passport.ne t

and uncheck everything in the 3 tabs,i press apply and ok.

i put the same sites (hotmail.msn.com,login.passport.com,login.passport .net,loginnet.passport.com,passport.com,passport.n et) in firewall trusted zone and click apply.

i try again to logon to my hotmail and everything works, i can read my mails.

Now the real problem: if i reboot my pc and try again to read mails in hotmail ,i can't logon anymore.

what i can do is delete everything what i did in the firewall and start from the beginning .

(without firewall no problems to logon)

that's not the way a firewall got to work!!!!

i use zonelabs firewall for 5,6years and i can't fix this problem,i need help here.

with the preview version i didn't got this problem.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Nasty on 12-17-2005 11:00 AM

Message Edited by Nasty on 12-17-2005 12:04 PM

fodor Guest

Default Re: hotmail login problem.

Hey....I'm having the same problem with Yahoo mail. I can not sign in. It just takes me back to the sign on screen everytime!!!

billc Guest

You took the correct steps except it is not needed to add the IP to your Trusted Zone, just set everything for 'allow' in your Privacy settings. To fix this and start over as you suggested, reset your database; you need not reinstall ZA. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

billc Guest

Can I assume you're using ZAP or ZASS? If so, go to your Zone Alarm Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter mail.yahoo.com , then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

nasty Guest

Thx i will try it out,grtzz to all

Thread Information