Thread: Hit Counter Blocked By ZA

Hybrid View

zabeliever Guest

Default Hit Counter Blocked By ZA

This is a help request from a brand new forum member. If I am in the wrong area please be gentle.
    I have a hit counter on my web page (www.forbbqloversonly.com), that is a CGI, that is blocked by ZA. It works if I turn ZA off. I set everything I can imagine to ALLOW with no success. Please point me in the right direction.

TIA and I am glad to be here!

ZABeliever

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Hit Counter Blocked By ZA

See if this will work. Go to your ZAP Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter www.forbbqloversonly.com and click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

zabeliever Guest

Bill, Tried it and all settings are green checks. Cleaned cache from Firefox and ZA and still no counter with ZA active. Can you go to the web site, second page and see if the counter is working from your browser? OBTY, I am using FireFox, but do have IE and NS. None correct the counter thing. Thanks for the prompt first try!!!!! ZABeliever

billc Guest

I did go and yes I can see your counter (I use Firefox too). It says 83,066 visitors since 1 November 1997. (that's a lot!) I still believe it is your Privacy settings causing the problem and you may have a corrupt Privacy database: worry not, this can be fixeed. Try a test if you would, go to your Zone Alarm Privacy > Main panel and turn off all your 'main' Privacy...cookie control, ad-blocking, and mobile code. Now clean your cache and try your page again. Any luck?

zabeliever Guest

Bill,

That gave me back the counter. Now how do I configure to keep it without giving up protection across the board. Thanks for your efforts to help me out. I was at a loss.

CWW

billc Guest

I'm still not certain if your ZAP database is corrupt or not so let's try another option. Go to your Privacy > Site List, locate the site's entry (www.forbbqloversonly.com), right click on it, the click to remove it. Now right click on the ZAP icon in your system tray, select 'shutdown Zone Alarm Pro', wait about a minute then open ZAP again. Next go back to the Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter www.forbbqloversonly.com then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab (don't just give green checks, go through the options). Now clean your browser cache and try the site again after you've set your 'main' privacy back the way you want it. Did that work?

Thread Information