Thread: Spam filters and Lost mail

mycustom Guest

Default Spam filters and Lost mail

When receiving an automated message with a text file attached. The email vanished within four seconds. It can't be found and is not listed in the Junk Mail folder. Do you have any idea where it's gone and why this started after installing the purchased ZoneAlarm Security Suite?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

brianimal Guest

Default Re: Spam filters and Lost mail

<blockquote><hr>mycustom wrote:
    When receiving an automated message with a text file attached. The email vanished within four seconds. It can't be found and is not listed in the Junk Mail folder. Do you have any idea where it's gone and why this started after installing the purchased ZoneAlarm Security Suite?

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 6.0

<hr></blockquote>

I'm experiencing the same problem, after having recently converted back to Outlook as an e-mail client. I know one of the e-mails I lost today was from a sender on the whitelist (I have no entries on my blacklist), yet when I went to look for it was nowhere to be found - not in a ZA folder, not in Deleted Items, gone. That's NOT good, and certainly doesn't speak well for ZA's credibility in protecting my computer. Can anyone shed light on the disposition of these lost e-mails - where did they go (I hope they weren't returned as 'undeliverable') and why? How can this be avoided in the future?

Brian

mycustom Guest

Default Re: Spam filters and Lost mail

I found after posting the message, my computer had been hacked through the imaging flaw in MS fax (prior to using ZA). Someone was mirroring my keystrokes and snagging certain emails. Microsoft has released a patch for the flaw but the damage was done and it didn't correct the problem. I backed up my personal files and destroyed the hard drive using a software that wrote 0's to the entire drive. I reloaded windows,
    ZA, and all other programs. The problem hasn't returned...

Thread Information