Thread: How can i stop privacy alerts and popups ????

mr_on_line Guest

Default How can i stop privacy alerts and popups ????

hi >>> i have the latest version of ZoneAlarm Pro and windows XP SP2 ...

my problem is about the annoying popup that appears every time ZoneAlarm blocks any add or header ...

i really can't stand it .. it keeps popping and popping every time i surf the internet ...

HOW CAN I STOP THIS NIGHTMARE ?? PLEEEAAAASE !

Thank you

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

arson Guest

Default Re: How can i stop privacy alerts and popups ????

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Mr-On-Line wrote:
    hi &gt;&gt;&gt; i have the latest version of ZoneAlarm Pro and windows XP SP2 ...

my problem is about the annoying popup that appears every time ZoneAlarm blocks any add or header ...

i really can't stand it .. it keeps popping and popping every time i surf the internet ...

HOW CAN I STOP THIS NIGHTMARE ?? PLEEEAAAASE !

Thank you

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi Mr-On-Line ....Go into ZA's Control Panel &gt; Privacy &gt; Main Tab ... now click on the button in the Cookie Control Section that's labeled 'Custom' ... a window will pop-up labeled 'Custom Privacy Settings' with 3 Tabs ... uder the Tab labeled 'Cookies' you will see the section labeled 'Privacy Advisor' ... just UNCHECK the Box labeled 'Show Privacy Advisor', click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.... that's all to it M-O-L ... Now if you have a problem with a particular site or page and you want to see what's causing it ... just go back and re-enable or CHECK that box again, clicking 'Apply' , then 'OK' ... Go to ZA'sCache Cleaner Taband click 'Clean Now' ....now go back to that Site or Page you were having problems with and the Privacy Advisor Ballon will pop-up, telling you what's blocked or hindered and if you click on 'Cick here for Details', it will take you back to ZA's Privacy &gt; Site List, where you will see a newURL entry for that Site or Page ... and then you can adjust or customize those settings accordingly in there for that URL OR by right-clicking the URL Entry and choosing 'Option', whereyou'll see 3Tabs (Cookie Control, Ad Blocking,Mobile Code)... where you can either, UNCHECK every Box under those 3Tabs, clicking 'Apply' as you go, then 'OK' (which in affect turns OFF all Privacy Controls ONLY for that particular Site or Page) or just adjust accordingly, checking and/or unchecking boxes based on advice from the 'Privacy Advisor' ......but remember to always 'Clean the Cache' after making adjustments to those Privacy settings, so Old stored Sites or Pages that were giving you the problems wont be displayed from your computers internal 'Cache' ... now go back to that freshSite or Page and see if everything is ok now ... you may have to dothisa fewtimes (if necessary) to achieve the desired results ...I hope this helps...Arson D. Dragonp.s. Never mult-post M-O-L, so time and assistance will not be wasted on the same Question or Query .... Thanks and welcome to the Forum ...

Message Edited by ARSON on 02-01-2006 03:16 PM

Thread Information