Thread: ZA Privacy list "akamai.net"

dkso Guest

Default ZA Privacy list "akamai.net"

I have a site listed in my Privacy list called "a972.g.akamai.net". In the past I had just blocked all access to this as I could not find anything about it. After a ZA re-installation I noticed (in the Program Log) that "ZA client.exe" accessed 194.158.126.24:53 which equates to "a1085.g akamai.net".Can anyone tell me why ZA would would be wanting to access this site and is it nessasary? I still have it blocked for everything and all seams to work!Dean

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

gerard_konijn Guest

Default Re: ZA Privacy list "akamai.net"

Hi Dean,

Akamai is a Hawaiian word meaning "intelligent" or "clever."

Their customers include Yahoo, AOL, Symantec ( Norton)Microsoft ( Windows Update ) and much more. You need it for the virus update as well. You needAkamai. It's one of the biggest servers in the world. IYKWIMBest regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.
    Help with ZoneAlarm? There's a red Search! > option at the bottom of the page to find your answer.
    Or navigate the following link: http://www.donhoover.net/

dkso Guest

Gerard,Thanks for that. A bit more info then please!Do I need to allow it access in the privacy panel, and if so what should be ticked (Mobile code,Cookies, Web bugs and or Private Headers).If it's that important to ZA, as why is it not included as a standard item automatically setup with the installation?I've just seen "adserver.akqa.net" is that also part of it?Is there a list some where of sites that should be aloud?ThanksDean

Message Edited by Dkso on 01-29-2006 12:19 PM

gerard_konijn Guest

You wrote: I still have it blocked for everything and all seams to work!<HR>No problems with WindowsUpdate and your Virusscanner?Just let it and don't change anything. <HR>If it's that important to ZA, as why is it not included as a standard item automatically setup with the installation? <HR>I don't know why not. <HR>Remove your email address fromyour post. Spiders can pull it from the pageBest regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.

dkso Guest

Thank you

gerard_konijn Guest

You're always welcome.

Best regards/Met de vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Thread Information