Thread: Diagnose Page Load Problems

sroberts Guest

Default Diagnose Page Load Problems

Some sites I hit run scripts on other sites that are are not in my site list and get blocked. How can I tell what these "secondary" sites are so I can enable them? Where can I find the specifics on what's blocked when Privacy Advisor indicates things have been blocked?Thanks!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

arson Guest

Default Re: Diagnose Page Load Problems

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>sroberts wrote:
    Some sites I hit run scripts on other sites that are are not in my site list and get blocked. How can I tell what these "secondary" sites are so I can enable them? Where can I find the specifics on what's blocked when Privacy Advisor indicates things have been blocked?Thanks!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi sroberts ...

Usually when you hit secondary sites from the Primary Site that you have allowed in ZA's Privacy Site List, with Privacy Advisor enabled and Privacy Settings ON, these secondary sites should Automatically be entered into ZA's Privacy Site List without any input from you ... but, sometimes it's difficult see which ones you need to adjust by just viewing them in the Site List, especially, if they don't resemble or somehow match the Primary URL or Site they originated from ... catch my drift ? ...

So now what you have to do is when theZA's Privacy Advisor ballon pops-up for that Secondary Site, you must quicklyclick-on 'Click here for Details' within that ballon or pop-up and it will take you directly to that secondary URL Entry that has been added Automaticallyto ZA's Privacy &gt; Site List ... where you can view these specifics and customize or adjust accordingly that URL or Site manually ... but you must pay attention to that ballon and what's being blocked or hindered, so when you see that URLEntry inZA's Site List you can look for theRed X's thatmore then likely will have to be changed to Green Checkmarks ....then close your Browser, Clean the Cache and now go back to the Primary Site, click on the Link for the Secondary Site and see if it's still hinderd or blocked ... you may have to do this several times before you achieve the desired results ... btw, Scripts are handled by the Moblie Code Control Setting ....

You can also read this Post that may have a little bit more info to add to what I,ve stated above ... just print out these posts so you can refer to them while your making these adjustments or trying to figure out what's going on ...

click &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=6092#M6092

I hope this helps ...

Arson D. Dragon

sroberts Guest

Is there way to log privacy events - blocked scripts, cookies, headers, etc? I always do as you've suggested however the Privacy Advisor bubbles flash so quickly when multiple sites are involved that it's tough to hit the right one. Thanks,sroberts

arson Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>sroberts wrote:
    Is there way to log privacy events - blocked scripts, cookies, headers, etc? I always do as you've suggested however the Privacy Advisor bubbles flash so quickly when multiple sites are involved that it's tough to hit the right one. Thanks,sroberts
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi sroberts ...

Hmmm ??? ... not that I know of , the only thingI'm aware of is what entries are added to ZA's Site List and like I mentioned previously, you might just have to peruse through that list and see what's there or check the address bar of your browser once you reach a particular site or page, so you cancompare the URL thereto the one's in ZA's Site List, then see what Items have Red X'sfor that URL...

...and yes, I know about the 'Quick Bubble Syndrome':8}... been there, done that ... then it becomes mostly trial and error, refreshing, cache cleaning, the works ... until you get the results you want for those multiple sites...

So that's all I can thinkof at the moment , but if I or another member has anything to add...we will ...

Take care and best regards ...

Arson D. Dragon

Edited in... by the way, here'sa postto another user discussing turning off ZA's Privacy Controls altogether, if needed...

click &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=36610#M36610

Message Edited by ARSON on 02-02-2006 10:18 AM

Thread Information