Thread: spam filtering?? esp of repeating that changes their name and msg header?

larryinmich Guest

Default spam filtering?? esp of repeating that changes their name and msg header?

Find little help for subject spamming? Currently using Firefox browser with the old zonealarm.
    Wanting to upgrade to entire package. I do NOT use EXPLORER or such for any browsing.
    WILL this garbage be filtered out????
    Nellie lessor 02/04/06 2 KB
    Miriam clutch 02/04/06 2 KB
    Gail louis 02/04/06 2 KB
    Tynan Corvo Re: legato 02/04/06 3 KB
    Thomasina Barn.. Re: Lulita 02/04/06 3 KB
    Colin N. Golux hey, are you there 02/04/06 3 KB31 KB
    dale dunham Getting Up In Years 02/03/06 4 KB
    Estela Rubio bassett 02/03/06 2 KB
    Francene Shaffer Re: Quite dreyfuss 02/03/06 3 KB
    Marsha elizabethan 02/03/06 2 KB
    Ivory agleam 02/03/06 2 KB
    Duane Suggs anemone madame doctor 02/03/06 2 KB
    Young inadmissible 02/03/06 2 KB

and the beat goes on. ALL THE NAMES cant go into a file, the senders computer just keeps changing them randomly from their list of 10 million names....

Larry

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Default Re: spam filtering?? esp of repeating that changes their name and msg header?

Get MailWasher Pro from FireTrust

Default Re: spam filtering?? esp of repeating that changes their name and msg header?

I concur. For the longest time I used K-9 and it worked really good, but there always seemed to be those that always slipped thru. I started using MailWasher Pro a few weeks ago, and other than the odd e-mail that is questionable, it works good. I would also suggest getting the FirstAlert subscription for MWP, along with signing up with SpamCop for reporting purposes.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

larryinmich Guest

Default Re: spam filtering??

As much as anything else, I thot ZONE Labs was offering a Suite, now its 'buy something else from somebuddy else besides". Latest PC world info says SUITE, solves all our security, junk, trash, sneaks, spies, worms, bugs, and anything else that wants to CHOMP our komputer".
    Net result of all this stuff is a couple hundred bucks a year for just upgrades and protection from varmits real or imagined? From ZL to Quiken to NAV to MS and their continual fixes...... If this was an automobile it would be sitting in the driveway, couldnt afford to drive and fix it..... We have music, dancing bodkins, and pop ups everywhere, all usless to web browsing, really. But entertains those that need a continual musical pacifier in their ear.

Sorry, thought it was a SUITE....

The spam filter in ZA will work, I used it for a while, but I quit using OE so had to find another solution. To get the best use out of the spamfilter in ZA, when you get a spam that isn't found by the filter, add the e-mail address to the blacklist. The spam filter needs to be trained, just like in any other spam filter.

larryinmich Guest

If I receive say 10 e mails daily all from same sources, and all change theis subject randomly and their name randomly, spam filtering do not work.
    PERIOD.
    If the )(*)(*()*())(*#@@#$#@$ filter cant sense the pattern, it dont work, If it dont kill the spam it dont work. Sorry I am Sorry it dont work. Its a pain in the aggrevation.
    It dont work. And now with a sweet I have 5 items to cross check and coordinate... Is this a LIFE or is it LIFE for computer..... Its a LIFE sentence literally, there is FAR too much time spent upgrading, chasing, cross checking, and generally picking to death these machines that are supposed to Be Our Helpers and Friends.
    BAD

Larry

It sounds like you could benefit from one of the more feature rich spamfilters. Both MailWasher Pro and K9 are good filters.

chucksmith Guest

What is with ZA's spam filter....I get 50 spam e-mails a day
    and the filter catches maybe half.
    Previously I had a filter from another company that captured virtually all unwanted mail.
    I've done as you suggest...blocking senders twice a day in order to "train" the program.
    Thus far, I haven't seen any improvement.
    I'm running ZA security suite....if I choose to add a spam control program from another vender will I have to deal with a conflict?

Thread Information