Thread: Mailfrontier error message: Otzaenu.dll not a valid windows image

jholdway Guest

Default Mailfrontier error message: Otzaenu.dll not a valid windows image

This concerns Office XP (2002) and Zonealarm ISS latest version (Mailfrontier issue).
    I have previously had a working Microsoft Office XP (2002) install alongside the exact same version of Zonealarm that I'm using now. However, I had to reformat and reinstall. Now I get the error message "otzaenu.dll not a valid windows image, please check this against your installation diskette" from Outlook whenever I open it. I've tried renaming otzaenu.dll so it's ignored and Outlook works fine when I do this but I don't really want to disable the file permanently in case it does something important :P
    Does anyone know what this dll does and if there is a solution to this error? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office but I get the same problem each time. I don't really want to uninstall zonealarm because we've just managed to reach a peaceful coexistence :P However if the dll is an important one and that's the only way of fixing the problem please let me know.
    The only thing I can think of is that when I first opened Outlook on the newly formatted drive I cancelled out of the Zonealarm auto setup for it (except for clicking yes to "do you want to creat your allowed list&quot. When I uninstalled Office and reinstalled it still had all my emails there so maybe something wasn't thorough enough? I'll leave the dll disabled for now but I'd appreciate any help
    By the way, the dll is in zonealarm/mailfrontier/resources.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Mailfrontier error message: Otzaenu.dll not a valid windows image

turn off ZA, and run the installer again, but select update instead of clean install. See if that does the trick. If not then backup your settings, and do a clean uninstall and reinstall of ZA. There are instructions on my site for all of that.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information