Thread: anti-spam redialing

bwoo Guest

Default anti-spam redialing

Hello -
    I am having a problem with ZoneAlarm and my dial-up Internet service.
    Before ZA, when I ran Outlook Express, nothing would happen until I hit "Send/Receive", at which point my PC would dial up, send & receive mail, and hang up.
    Now with ZA and MailSafe installed, Problem #1 is that MailSafe seems to start dialing my ISP before Outlook has finished loading.
    This prevents me from loading Outlook only to look at email while offline.
    Problem #2 is that after Outlook Express has finished and hung up my modem, MailSafe does its scan and dials up my ISP again.
    The problem with this is that I can no longer start downloading my email and leave it unattended, since in the end I am still connected to ISP and am still using up my online minutes.
    I have already disabled the "share your spam info with ZoneLabs" setting because I thought that was the culprit.
    I don't want to uncheck the "connect automatically" option on my dial-up connection settings because 99% of the time I do want it to connect without having to "click OK" first.
    Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out?
    Thanks...

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: anti-spam redialing

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do except set your connection to disconnect after 5 minutes of inactivity (do that in windows). As for starting up, do you have OE to check your e-mail on starting the program? If you do turn that option off, and you should be able to open OE and not set off the junkmail filter.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information