Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MailSafe & Outlook Express - Help needed

miob Guest

Default MailSafe & Outlook Express - Help needed

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems getting MailSafe to work with Outlook Express.
    I'll try to describe what happens everytime anew when I run OE: (I have a localized version of Hebrew, so I hope I use the right terms)

OK, so I run OE and a "Create a Folder"-pop-up appears right away, I click "Cancel" since I don't know what it is for.
    Then, I click on my "Inbox" folder, and another pop-up appears, saying: "WARNING: Zonealarm will NOT work unless ... then checking the 'Folders List' check box'", OK, did that...
    Then the emails arrive and spam-mail isn't filtered, so I thought I should first filter some myself, which will let MailSafe learn, so I mark some emails and click the "Junk" button on the MailSafe toolbar, but only a *dong* sound is sounded, and nothing happens.

I'm probably doing something wrong, since I've tried searching the forum and haven't come up with any messages regarding this problem (or maybe I don't know how to search either :-P)
    So... I'd be thankful for any help!

Thanks in advance!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

arson Guest

Default Re: MailSafe & Outlook Express - Help needed

<blockquote>

<hr>

MiOB wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I'm having problems getting MailSafe to work with Outlook Express.
    I'll try to describe what happens everytime anew when I run OE: (I have a localized version of Hebrew, so I hope I use the right terms)

OK, so I run OE and a &quot;Create a Folder&quot;-pop-up appears right away, I click &quot;Cancel&quot; since I don't know what it is for. This should give you a clue ... Hint: Make a Junk Mail Folder for ZA in OE ... If this doesn't solve your problem, I'll find you someone more familiar with ZAISS
    who'll assist you further

Then, I click on my &quot;Inbox&quot; folder, and another pop-up appears, saying: &quot;WARNING: Zonealarm will NOT work unless ... then checking the 'Folders List' check box'&quot;, OK, did that...
    Then the emails arrive and spam-mail isn't filtered, so I thought I should first filter some myself, which will let MailSafe learn, so I mark some emails and click the &quot;Junk&quot; button on the MailSafe toolbar, but only a *dong* sound is sounded, and nothing happens.

I'm probably doing something wrong, since I've tried searching the forum and haven't come up with any messages regarding this problem (or maybe I don't know how to search either :-P)
    So... I'd be thankful for any help!

Thanks in advance!

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

<hr></blockquote>

Message Edited by ARSON on 02-26-200606:59 AM

miob Guest

Hey again

Must the folder have a specific name? I named it &quot;Junk Mail&quot;, but still nothing happens... and, should it be under &quot;Local Folders&quot; or &quot;Inbox&quot;?
    Perhaps I don't know how to use MailSafe? :-/ I mean... I try to click &quot;Junk&quot; when marking a couple of junk-mail, but all I hear is the *dong* sound...

Message Edited by MiOB on 02-26-200602:04 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

arson Guest

<blockquote><hr>MiOB wrote:
    Hey again

Must the folder have a specific name? I named it &quot;Junk Mail&quot;, but still nothing happens... and, should it be under &quot;Local Folders&quot; or &quot;Inbox&quot;?
    Perhaps I don't know how to use MailSafe? :-/ I mean... I try to click &quot;Junk&quot; when marking a couple of junk-mail, but all I hear is the *dong* sound...

Message Edited by MiOB on 02-26-200602:04 PM

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

<hr></blockquote>

Hi MiOB ...

When you
    were installing ZAISS did it try to configure itself for OE or did it prompt
    or ask you did you want to filter junk mail
    and then
    create folders in OE
    which eventually get named
    "Zone Alarm
    Challenged Mail"
    and/or &quot;Zone Alarm Junk Mail&quot;
    and then try or wanted to add a toolbar
    for ZAISS
    to OE ? ... You may want to name these folders like the above ... but they should have been added to the Local Folders Automatically if I'm not mistaken ...

The thing
    is that I use ZAPro and it has
    been almost 2years since I've
    tried ZAISS (or formerly known as ZASS), so my knowledge on this issue
    is
    somewhat limited, but I'm trying here
    ... that's why I mentioned I would try to find someone more familiar with this issue of yours
    ... so be patient and hopefully a Guru or someone who has dealt with this will show up ...
    just keep checking back, because with some of the very good and knowledgeable members here, I'm sure
    this will get solved ... and I will continue to search myself for a solution or some answers ...

Thank you for your time and patience MiOB ...

Arson D. Dragon

Message Edited by ARSON on 02-27-200603:25 AM

kkken Guest

<div align="left"><p align="left">&gt;Must the folder have a specific name? I named it &quot;Junk Mail&quot;, but still
    &gt;nothing happens... and, should it be under &quot;Local Folders&quot; or &quot;Inbox&quot;?
    <p align="left">Check the first page of the on-line help section on Filtering Junk E-mail.
    It gives the list of three folder names.
    What it doesn't say is that one of them is the parent of another one.
    What I see in my OE is, they are not within Inbox.
    At the same level as Inbox (i.e. under Local Folders) are (a) ZoneAlarm Challenged Mail and (b) ZoneAlarm Junk Mail, which is the parent of (c) ZoneAlarm Fraudulent Mail.

miob Guest

Hi again!

Firstly, thank you both for taking the time to try to figure it out! I very much thank you for that!

As for the problem, sadly, it wasn't solved
    I did create the folders you mentioned above, but still nothing happens... I still get the &quot;Create A Folder&quot; pop-up when running OE, and I'm still warned when clicking on Inbox, that &quot;ZAISS will not work unless ... you enable folders view&quot;, which I have already done before... also, when emails are recieved, they stay in the Inbox, and when I mark one and click &quot;Junk&quot;, all I get is a sound of *dong*... so yeah, it is still pretty much the same...

Perhaps there's a greater problem with localized versions?

arson Guest

<blockquote><hr>MiOB wrote:
    Hi again!

Firstly, thank you both for taking the time to try to figure it out! I very much thank you for that!

As for the problem, sadly, it wasn't solved
    I did create the folders you mentioned above, but still nothing happens... I still get the &quot;Create A Folder&quot; pop-up when running OE, and I'm still warned when clicking on Inbox, that &quot;ZAISS will not work unless ... you enable folders view&quot;, which I have already done before... also, when emails are recieved, they stay in the Inbox, and when I mark one and click &quot;Junk&quot;, all I get is a sound of *dong*... so yeah, it is still pretty much the same...

Perhaps there's a greater problem with localized versions?
    <hr></blockquote>

Hi MiOB and Kkken ...

First of all ... thanks Kkken for taking a look at this thread and trying to provide assistance and mentioning pretty much of what I've already mentioned in this Post...

>http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=6239

... but with a little more inside knowledge than what I can provide since you do have ZAISS and that's a good thing for this particular case of MiOB's ... again thanks and I hope you have some more ...

Second
    and as you have stated MiOB, &quot;Perhaps there's a greater problem with the localized versions?&quot; ... yes, you did mention in your first post
    that you had the Hebrew version of Outlook Express, if I read that correctly, and the possibility of some sort of incompatibility just may be what your experiencing, but I can't say for sure ... my suggestion now is to drop a line to Zone Labs Technical Support and mention this fact of the Hebrew Version and your issue to them and see what they have to say ...

click &gt; https://www.zonelabs.com/store/conte...ch_support.jsp

... it may take awhile to receive a reply from them or it may not, but in the mean time, Kkken and I and maybe some other members of this Forum, who may enter this fray,
    will continue to look or
    try to provide some more info that may settle this thing for you, so just continue to follow this thread and let us know what Tech Support has to say ... because I'm curious now and this issue of yours, whether it gets settled or not,
    benefits the Forum as a whole ...

Take care MiOB and Kkken and best regards ...

Arson D. Dragon

Message Edited by ARSON on 03-04-200606:16 PM

miob Guest

Hi again

I'm using the trail version, what serial number should I write in the contact form?

arson Guest

<blockquote>

<hr>

MiOB wrote: Hi again

I'm using the trail version, what serial number should I write in the contact form?

<hr></blockquote>

Gee thanks a lot MiOB

You never made it clear that you were using the Trial Version of ZAISS until just now ... I know if you have the Paid or Full version, this information is provided in ZA's Control Panel &gt; Overview &gt; Product Info &gt; Licensing Information ...

I don't think you needed a license key with the Trial Version and I don't think tech support by that email form is functional with out it and you may not be eligible ... did you try that form without using the License Key ( that you call a serial number) ?

I think the only support
    you are
    eligible for with a trial version is maybe phone support, instant support
    and this Forum ...

click &gt;
    Here

I was also just reading the Anti-Fraud / Anti-Spam FAQs and #9 states :<hr>Currently ZoneAlarm Anti-Spam supports the English version of Outlook and Outlook Express.<hr>

Hmmm??? ... So this may be the problem with your Hebrew Version of OE MiOB

Arson D. Dragon

Message Edited by ARSON on 02-27-200606:17 PM

golddragon Guest

Hello,

I am using the Dutch version of Outlook Express and I have the same problem with
    Mailsafe as MiOB.
    The rest of ZAISS seems to be working fine.

Does anyone know either if there is a way to solve this or if ZoneLabs is working on some kind of &quot;update&quot; to make Mailsafe compatible with different versions of Outlook Express?

Can anyone recommend a free anti spam program that I can use untill this issue is fixed? I have a pop3 and a webmail inbox
    that I open both in Outlook Express.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information