Thread: ZAP Privacy settings interfere with router's web-based management

teb728 Guest

Default ZAP Privacy settings interfere with router's web-based management

If I have either Cookie Control or Ad Blocking (I didn't try Mobile Code Control) turned on globally, the web-based setup screens of my new Linksys WRT54G router don't work. The network including the router (192.168.1.*)
    is in my trusted zone; the site-specific privacy settings allow all access for the router address (192.168.1.1); and the Privacy Advisor shows no conflict.When the problem occurs most captions and many combo-box options are empty. These missing values seem to be written by dynamic HTML--probably for language independence.I suspect the problem is related to files at
    http://127.0.0.1:1030/js.cgi,
    which seem to implement privacy.Is there a way I can
    use the router setup without having to temporarily turn off privacy.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

arson Guest

Default Re: ZAP Privacy settings interfere with router's web-based management

Greetings teb728 ....

The info in these two links should be helpful ...

click > http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=38287

OR

click > http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=7682

teb728 Guest

Hello Arson,If I understand your links
    correctly, you are saying that a workaround is to globally turn off Cookie Control, Ad Blocking, and Mobile Code Control.<ul>[*]If that's what you're saying, thank you for trying, but I already figured that out before my first message. (Except that I do a hard refresh with Ctl-F5 instead of clearing the cache.) What I am looking for is a way to avoid messing with my settings.[*]If you're saying something more, please explain.[/list]In any case, thanks,
    Tom

teb728 Guest

When the problem occurs there are many error detected in Internet Explorer. I have looked at the cached HTML and found that one of them
    occurs in<blockquote dir="ltr">

&lt;script&gt;Capture(share.routename)&lt;/script&gt;</blockquote>

The error message is &quot;Object expected&quot;
    The definition of share.routename results from the line<blockquote dir="ltr">

&lt;SCRIPT language=&quot;javascript&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; src=&quot;share.js&quot;&gt;&lt;/SCRIPT&gt;</blockquote>

where share.js contains<blockquote dir="ltr">

var share = new Object();
    share.routename=&quot;Router Name&quot;;</blockquote>

Looking further at the cache, I see that when Privacy is globally enabled, common.js is truncated, that's one of the javascript files used. It ends abruptly in the middle of a function, thus:<blockquote dir="ltr">

function isxdigit(I,M,dfValue)
    {

for(i=0 ; i&lt;I.value.length; i++){

ch = I.value.charAt(i).toLowerCase();

if(ch &gt;= '0' &amp;&amp; ch &lt;= '9' || ch &gt;= 'a' &amp;&amp; ch </blockquote>

When Privacy is globally disabled, the function continues, thus:<blockquote dir="ltr">

function isxdigit(I,M,dfValue)
    {

for(i=0 ; i&lt;I.value.length; i++){

ch = I.value.charAt(i).toLowerCase();

if(ch &gt;= '0' &amp;&amp; ch &lt;= '9' || ch &gt;= 'a' &amp;&amp; ch &lt;= 'f'){}

else{

I.value = dfValue;

alert(M + errmsg.err30);

return false;

}

}

return true;
    }</blockquote>

And common.js continues with 5 more functions, including the Capture function.

Message Edited by teb728 on 04-14-200602:57 PM

arson Guest

<blockquote><hr>teb728 wrote:
    Hello Arson,If I understand your links
    correctly, you are saying that a workaround is to globally turn off Cookie Control, Ad Blocking, and Mobile Code Control. Nope your not understanding the info in those links
    correctly and
    usually you
    would turn them OFF for special circumstances or troubleshooting purposes only if you have to or want ...
    <ul>[*]If that's what you're saying, thank you for trying, but I already figured that out before my first message. (Except that I do a hard refresh with Ctl-F5 instead of clearing the cache.) What I am looking for is a way to avoid messing with my settings. Again, that is not what I was trying to convey
    and sometimes ZA's Privacy Settings are not &quot;Set
    it and Forget it&quot; and depending on how certain sites and pages are designed you just may have to take a pro-active approach to these items, whether in ZA or your browsers ...
    [*]If you're saying something more, please explain. Huhhh ??? If you where unable to glean any more info out of the two links than what you have already and what you've stated above ( which is totally incorrect IMHO and I see your not understanding that info in those links correctly anyway
    ) my only suggestion to you is to Re-read the information in those links again and eventually you'll catch on ... other then that, there's nothing else for me to convey to you short of sitting at your Machine and showing you what to do ... you can also
    use the Red Search Function at the bottom of the Forum Boards and Type in Privacy Controls or Settings and /or JavaScript Insertion if you want more info on your situation...
    [/list]In any case, thanks, ...Tom
    <hr></blockquote>In any case, your welcome, ... Arson D. Dragon (19yoStudent and avid Fin Fang Foom Fan :8}
    )

flyyourway Guest

Fin Fang Foom the dragon with Purple shorts,hehehehehe ,you have any of the early Strange Tales Volumes ARSON?

epack Guest

Sorry, coming in VERY
    late here, but I have the very same problem. Your first link (message.id=38287) says that msg has been deleted. If it's the same info
    as the 2nd one, I'll slink back to lurking but if there's anything useful there or if
    the 2nd link doesn't fix my problem (it's on home machine and i'm not there now) I'd appreciate a pointer too.
    Thanks! (And I will continue to troll the forums for a solution
    elainecharlottesville, va

Thread Information