Thread: Parental Control doesn't block image searches using Google or Yahoo image search

jmmosher Guest

Default Parental Control doesn't block image searches using Google or Yahoo image search

How do I block image searches by Yahoo or Google? I was checking my 15 year old son's History file today and I found a Yahoo search for boobs. He only had 1,958,403 choices.
    The program does
    block access to the actual images. At 15 he's not too picky about how small the images are. I tried google and got the same result.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: Parental Control doesn't block image searches using Google or Yahoo image search

That seems like a "grey area" that ZoneLabs should have a look at.

Because when someone searches in Google, the domain will still be in Google. For example:

http://images.google.com.sg/images?q...=Search+Images

The only way currently to stop this using the Parental Control feature in ZoneAlarm is to block search engines.

sacndi Guest

Default Re: Parental Control doesn't block image searches using Google or Yahoo image search

Is there any update from Zone Labs on this subject? This seems to be a pretty serious issue that needs attention as I've been spending all day to eliminate access to images of "sex, nude," etc. even setting "Ad blocking" to "high" and "Mobile code control" to "on" still has a way around it if you sign in to yahoo and unlock the adult settings, etc.

Thread Information