Thread: Junk E-mail filter is off in control panel but operating in Outlook

addi Guest

Default Junk E-mail filter is off in control panel but operating in Outlook

I do not want to use the Junk E-mail filter feature of ZA SS and so turned it off during installation.
    However, when I started Outlook XP, it was there and operating.
    I doubled-checked the ZA Control Center and the feature still shows as 'Off'.
    What gives and how do I disable something that is already off?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: Junk E-mail filter is off in control panel but operating in Outlook

Outlook has it's own junk mail filter are sure it is Zonealarm filtering your mail. If it is Zonealarm everytime you start your e-mail program you should get a large popup screen that informs you Zonealarm is filtering your mail. You should also havetwo folders added to your folders list that are labeled Zonealarm junkmail and Zonealarm suspicious mail (or something to that effect. Also you should have a zonealarm toolbar added to your email programs toolbar. If you have none of these than you are probably getting mail filtered by Outlook. If you do have evidence of zonealrm filtering your e-mail then something weent wrong with your installation and you sholud uninstall it using the Zonealarm uninstaller in programs list on your start menu and then reinstall the product.

addi Guest

Yes, it was ZA ... I had the pop-up at the beginning, the two additional folders, and the ZA toolbar.
    I finally ended up paying for a call to Tech Support and he had me turn it off within Outlook's Advanced COM Add-ins which solved the problem.

The user manual that can be brought up by clicking on the help icon in the security suite window is pretty good. Hopefully it can help you avoid tech support fees in the future. Also the folks on this forum are pretty savvy and you would have probably gotten a quicker response had it not been for the weekend. Most of your problems can be solved here or in the manual if you have the time.

addi Guest

I tried using Help but didn't find anything applicable ... I also searched the User Forum and came up with zilch.
    Maybe I was a bit impatient in not waiting for a reply ... you're probably right about it taking a while longer due to it being a weekend ... guess I've learned my lesson!
    Thanks for responding.

You're very welcome

Thread Information