Thread: Junk email-filter

desireek Guest

Default Junk email-filter

Some time ago I installed ZASS. Everything works perfectly, except the junk email-filter. ZASS has created the toolbar, but the folders were not. Can anyone teel me how to get this component work properly?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: Junk email-filter

Try these instructions from the following tech support page link

http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...ailFilter.html

desireek Guest

Thanks ledoc, for your effort to help me. I followed the instructions given, but it still does not work. There were no folders created.

Sorry you have not found a solution to your problem yet DesireeK,

You might want to try a clean uninstall of your program followed by a re-installation.

To perform a clean uninstall...<LI>Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs</LI><UL>[/list]<LI>RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.</LI><LI>Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):</LI><UL>[/list]"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe" Change it to:"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (add a space and then the /clean)<LI>Click OK to save the new command line.</LI><LI>Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security </LI><LI>Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.</LI><LI>say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.</LI><LI>Reboot</LI><LI>After rebooting, check for the following folders, and delete them if you find them:</LI><UL>[/list]

"Internet Logs"

"Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)

"Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)<UL><LI>Empty your recycle bin and reboot your system</LI><LI>Now download the version of ZASS you wish to install from the following download site, save it to your desktop and then install</LI><LI>http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html</LI>[/list]

pyrobit Guest

Hi,

I'm under the same problem of this topic.

I'm using outlook express and zone alarm Security Suite. When I start the outlook a window asking where to create the folders pop-up, and even if I create folders with the same name as the ones ZA usually creates it doesn't work. A important detail is that I'm using windows XP Pro and outlook express in brazilian portuguese language.

Do I have to manually create the folders? If so, where should I create it? ("local folder" (Pastas locais -in protuguese BR-PT), or "in the In box" (caixa de entrada in BR-PT))

when I do it by myself Zone alarm pops up a warning message saying: "ZA will not work unless you display 'folder list'. You can display this by pullingdown 'view menu' and selecting the 'layout...' menu item, then checking the 'folder list' checkbox."

Thanks in advance

desireek Guest

Hi pyrobit, I use XP home Edition and I have the same pop ups as you have. Creating the folders does not solve the problem. I am going to do a clean install, as ledoc kindly suggested, but I have not had the time to do it yet. I will let you know if this works, once I have done it.

pyrobit Guest

Hi,

I already did the new clean install and it only worked when I used MS outlook. With the outlook express it still doesn't worked for me.

I'm really thinking the problem could be in language files.

Thread Information