Thread: animations etc

cpedersen Guest

Default animations etc

How can I configure my Zone Alarm Security Suite so that I can view animations? I cannot view full .gif files for instance. I use Firefox.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: animations etc

Go to your ZASS Privacy Main panel, click on the 'Custom' button in Ad-Blocking, then uncheck 'Animation'. Make sure to clean your browser cache as well.

cpedersen Guest

thanks for the reply. What can I do to improve loading times on websites? Some more than others are taking excessively long to load.

billc Guest

Try adjusting your Privacy settings and if you're willing as am I, just turn them off. Make sure you don't have other security programs doing the same sort of filtering as Zone Alarm. Clean your temp files and browser cache regularly. See if that helps.

cpedersen Guest

Another question, since i've downloaded ZASS, i've been having errors with pages. Occasionally only the very 1st part of a gif or a music file will load from files online. For example this site http://ebaumstealsfromabs.ytmnd.com/ will only load the 1st second or so of music. What can I do to fix that?

billc Guest

Problems of the nature you're describing arise out of your Privacy Settings. The easiest thing to do with sites you like is to 'customize' them. Go to your ZASS Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter the URL of the site, then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

cpedersen Guest

Thanks for the reply. But the problem still exists.

billc Guest

Try turning off all your Main Privacy and see if the site will then work for you. Because of the JavaScript insertion Zone Alarm Privacy uses, some sites will not work if any of your main Privacy blocking is turned on.

cpedersen Guest

That did the trick, thanks for all your help.

Thread Information