Thread: New Zonealarm update is crashing outlook

Hybrid View

tacpow Guest

Default New Zonealarm update is crashing outlook

I just updated Zone Alarm a week or so ago and since then, mailfrontier is crashing outlook. If I disable mailfrontier, the problem goes away. Any advice?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

cookiemonster Guest

Default Re: New Zonealarm update is crashing outlook

I'm having exactly the same problem for Outlook Express, so it definitely isn't a one-off. Any ideas how to solve it?

scharle Guest

Same thing with Outlook Express 6. Fails on startup unless Junk E-mail filter is OFF.

tacpow Guest

Yesterday, I downloaded and installed updates for MS office thinking that this might solve the problem, but it still exists. Anyone?

punnya Guest

I'm running into the same problems with Outlook 2003. My support person from Zone Labs said that they were not aware of any other issues than mine so I'm thinking that no one from Zone Labs checks out the forum.....

This is beyond frustrating.

JonathanX-(

tacpow Guest

The error message I am getting says the problem is a "Crash Dump" caused by Mailfrontier.

Zonelabs has been ignoring other problems with Mailfrontier in the past. I am guessing that Zonelabs doesn't address the Mailfrontier problems since mailfrontier is a subcontracted addon to Zone Alarm.

Too bad.

jared Guest

I just got home today and am having the same problem. Worked fine on Monday 070306. Currently I have ver:6.5.722.000. When I turn off all of the email monitoring and filtering I have no problems. After it sends info to microsoft it hangs and I have to restart. Says something about SysFader and has that endnow button. Not happy and hoping they get this thing fixed. Friggin spam is a nuisance.

IT IS NOT MAILSAFE ON MY INSTALLATION! IT IS THE JUNK MAIL FILTERING THAT IS THE CULPRIT!

Message Edited by jared on 07-05-2006 08:19 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

kellkat Guest

I was having the same problem and this solution worked for me. I'm not a computer wiz but I think the problem has something to do with the "mailbuddy" add-in.

1) In Outlook Mail, go to: "Tools - Options" then select the "Other" tab, then select "Advanced Options - COM Add-ins...."

2) Then remove the "MailBuddy Outlook Addin" (select it and click the the "remove" button--note: I removed another add-in too by accident (I forget the name) but things seems to work fine anyway).

3) Then click on "Add" and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\MailFrontier" and select "mlfoshim.dll"

4) My version of Outlook asks for confirmation, so click on "OK" if asked.

Hope this helps!

sinserli Guest

Many thanks! I had the same problem and have lost several hours before I found your message. I also tried with Zone Labs Support but I guess is better not to use it ....

Thread Information