Thread: How to Disable all Privacy checks for specific site

mudtoe Guest

Default How to Disable all Privacy checks for specific site

Hi folks:

Does anyone know how to completely prevent ZA from doing any editing on the incoming html stream from a given site? I'm trying to use a site that has a remote desktop connection activeX control on it along with a script to use it(I made the site so I know it's safe), and I can't keep ZA from doing something to keep it from working unless I shut down ZA completely, or remove the "enforce privacy" checkmark from the iexplore.exe program; neither of which is an acceptable alternative. I've put the site in the site list for privacy and turned off all the privacy check marks, yet the problem still happens. If you want to test it for yourself here's the link:

http://home.fuse.net/e2d9e6/RDC/default.htm

Note that you will have to put the site in your trusted list and the first time you will likely have to run IE with administrator rights unless you already have the same version of the remote desktop activeX control already installed on your system. Also, as you experiment you will need to clean out your browser cache between each test, otherwise you may not get good results (on my system the html script stays in the cache, so if it's been altered by ZA to not work, it continues not working until I clear the cache, regardless if ZA is running or not; conversely, ifI have ZA turned off and allow the script into the cache while ZA is turned off, it continues to work even if ZA is subsequently started until the cache is cleared).

Suggestions welcome.

mudtoe

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

jarvis Guest

Default Re: How to Disable all Privacy checks for specific site

Note that in the Privacy site list, you need to "Check" all the options, not disable them. A tick means that something is allowed, a red X means it is not allowed.

In this case it is most likely Mobile code that needs to be allowed.

mudtoe Guest

I do have the green check marks, not the red "X"'s set for all the options. I was referring to the items you can change when you right click the site name and choose options. A dialog comes up with three tabs: Cookies, Ad Blocking, and Mobile Code. I had removed the check boxes from all those options, which are negative in nature if checked. Even with all this done ZA still blocks it. Sorry if I wasn't clear.mudtoe

forum_moderator Guest

Hi, In the Privacy sites list, find the site and rt-click on the site name, then click Options. Not all fields show up in the columns.Marcus

mudtoe Guest

I've done that, and still no go. Have you tried the link for yourself and had it work with ZA running? If so, please tell me how you did it.

mudtoe

forum_moderator Guest

Well, the site itself loads just fine. I used the default privacy on settings (Cookies=Med, Ads=high). I got the message that I had to install an Active-X control, which I allowed. The page loads just fine now, according to Privacy Advisor the only thing being blocked is private headers, but it loads just fine.

Marcus

Thread Information