Thread: Entire site is blocked just because Banner/Skyscraper ads are blocked by ZA

valiant Guest

Default Entire site is blocked just because Banner/Skyscraper ads are blocked by ZA

It's not a massive problem (obviously!) but I find it interesting that I can't get any response from the following site when I have the default privacy settings in ZA (i.e. blocking Banner/Skyscraper ads):http://media.guardian.co.uk/(you may need to register; or use my dummy registration details: email : gfdgfd@gfd.com password: 'qwerty')I get the 'Cannot find server' page unless I go into ZA and uncheck blocking of Banner/Skyscraper ads. It's strange that it only seems to happen on this site. Is this an example of a a website fighting back against ad blocking software? If so, how do they do it? Is there any way around it?Valiant

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Entire site is blocked just because Banner/Skyscraper ads are blocked by ZA

The best way to get around it is go to your Zone Alarm Privacy > Site List, click on the add button, enter the URL (media.guardian.co.uk) then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

Thread Information