Thread: PayPal notices incorrectly being sent to Junk Mail folder.

zonealarmspiff Guest

Default PayPal notices incorrectly being sent to Junk Mail folder.

I sell online and a number of my customers pay me via PayPal. The payment received email notification I get from PayPal comes with the subject line: Notification of payment received. The return email address is the customer's, not PayPal's. Almost every notice I receive ends up in the Junk Mail folder.

I've looked through all the options and I can't find any way to identify these emails so that ZA doesn't junk them. I rarely receive payment from the same customer twice, so it doesn't help to use the Allow Sender option in ZoneAlarm. In the header, the Return Path shows an email address from PayPal, but the From address shows the customer's email and as far as I know, there's no way to tell ZA to check the Return Path for validation.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
    Henry Falk

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

forum_moderator Guest

Default Re: PayPal notices incorrectly being sent to Junk Mail folder.

You just have to train it. Be sure to use the UNJUNK button when marking them as good. If you just move them yourself, it'll remember it had it marked as bad.

Marcus

zonealarmspiff Guest

What is ZA "learning" when I unjunk it? Is it actually recognizing the text of the message or something in the header (or both)?

Henry

dreeme Guest

Are you using Outlook? Your description of the header sounds like the header within the email itself and not the the "Full Header View", is this correct? Even though the notification states the name and email address of the buyer, if you view the full header it should show the orig. sender is "payment@payal.com." (or something similar - it may have changed since my last sale). It will be the first "From" at the bottom of the header path.
    I have sold several items on ebay and ONLY accept payment thru Paypal. I have never had ZA junk the legitimate emails from Paypal. I'm still using the ZASS version 5.5 versus the 6.5 so I'm not sure if there are differences in the ZA junk toolbar. This is how I have mine setup: on ZA toolbar, click "Zone Alarm Options","Configure Preferences","Companies" "Allowed", click "Add" and type: paypal.com. Click "OK" and "Close".
    Hope this helps. Please post back with results.

Regards,
    Dreeme

forum_moderator Guest

For more specific information on how the antispam works, see:

http://www.mailfrontier.com/

They license it to ZA.

Marcus

zonealarmspiff Guest

Well, I haven't been able to test this solution because I was forced to reformat and reinstall the OS and App. software. I was having numerous problems and it was about time to do it anyways (it's been a few years). What I discovered on a fresh install of XP & Office 2003 with all the updates is that I still have another problem with ZA, namely that it repeatedly crashes Outlook, usually within minutes of starting the program. It was doing this before the reinstall and is still doing it.

As a result, I've now turned off the ZAspam filter. If anyone has had this problem and found a solution, I'd love to hear it, but I'll also post the question elsewhere.

Thank you for your help.

Henry

Message Edited by ZoneAlarmSpiff on 07-18-2006 10:37 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

forum_moderator Guest

Be sure to report the new issue to tech support.

Marcus

Thread Information