Thread: Mantispm.exe

bikeme Guest

Default Mantispm.exe

When I log on to the internet Zone Alarm pops up a warning that Mantispm.exe is trying to monitor keystrokes etc. It says it's connected to mail frontier. Why would Zone Alarm be warning me of their own product?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Mantispm.exe

This application, Mantispm.exe, is from a company called Mailfrontier which has been acquired by SonicWALL . This spam filtering program is being used by Zone Labs under a licensing agreement between the two companies. As such, the spam filter is not actually a Zone Labs product. Having said that, I can also say that ZASS will give you alerts when any program is doing something that would normally generate an alter.

explorae Guest

Default Re: Mantispm.exe Is mantispam.exe?

I got the same message and have discovered I have mantispam.exe, so if one isn't careful, we might be allowing the "..spam" version which is reported to ba virus but has NO mention of it in ZoneAlarms site!
    How come?? It attacks ZoneAlarm and has caused me 20-30 hours of work and over a week lost and I was running ZoneAlarm . . ....
    Now I am runnning nothing with the satellite modem turned off. ....

Why does ZoneAlarm have no references to it, which Symantec does?
    (I uninstalled their Internet Security package in favor of ZoneAlarm . ..huh?)

Thread Information