Thread: Unable to Enable E-Mail Scanning

hujambo Guest

Default Unable to Enable E-Mail Scanning

I am running ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.5.722.000. I am unable to enable e-mail scanning. An error message states:***ZoneAlarm Security Suite detected a conflict with a third party software. As a result, AV e-mail scanning will not be enabled until the conflict has been resolved.***There is no third party software ... antivirs, firewall, or anti-spyware ... installed on my computer. Does the error message refer to any other third party software?I may have had software installed at one time that used LSP technology which is incompatible with ZoneAlarm Security Suite, however, ZASS has always functioned flawslessly. In the C:Windows/Internet Logs directory, I located the file ipsconflict.txt.In itI found a numeral which I checked against uninstall in the HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE registry. The numeral was not listed there.How do I proceed to have this problem resolved? Your help is appreciated.Regards,Richardrhsconsulting@comcast.net

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

ai_tak Guest

Default Re: Unable to Enable E-Mail Scanning

ZonealarmSS decides that it isn't compatible with any LSPsso if it finds one it refuses to try anything. Post the contents of the lpsconflict.txt so we know what LSP we are dealing with.

Thread Information