Thread: "You must restart Outlook.." message

cjdorling Guest

Default "You must restart Outlook.." message

HiI have ZASS installed,and I have Outlook 2003 included in my "Startup" folder so that it starts when I boot/reboot my PC. But I get this message from ZASS when I turn the pc on:You must restart any currently running copies of Outlook
    and Outlook Express to enable the Junk e-mail filtering
    service .Outlook does actually start and the "ZoneAlarmOutlookAddin" toolbar loads, as it should, but I get the message telling me to restart Outlook. I'm not sure that the Junk e-mail filter is working properly, so I used to do as the message tells me. But now I have taken Outlookout of my Startup, the message has disappeared but I'd like to put Outlook back into Startup.I also only have only 2 of the 3 ZoneAlarm folders (the ZoneAlarm Fraudulent Mail is missing). In case this is a separate issue I have posted separately.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

cjdorling Guest

Default Re: "You must restart Outlook.." message

I've found a solution to my own problem, here it is in case anyone else can make use of it...I found a terrific little prog that allows you to manage all startup programs. You can zap them from running (I found a couple of annoying things such as a quicktime startup launcher). But more importantly you can delay, a simple 10 second Outlook delay sortred my issue,giving ZA enough time to load 1st. Oh, its freeware, too.

ai_tak Guest

Default Re: "You must restart Outlook.." message

Would you care to mention the name of this program?

Thread Information