Thread: Restoring Junk Mail Filter after it was disabled by Outlook

portolomolo Guest

Default Restoring Junk Mail Filter after it was disabled by Outlook

Because of an improper shutdown, Outlook offered to disable the mailbuddy addin and I stupidly accepted. Now I can't get it back. I tried going to "Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options>COM Add-Ins", then checkingthe "Mailbuddy Outlook Addin" box and clicking OK, but that didn't work. When I re-openCOM Add-Ins again, the checkmark has disappeared (and this happens whether or not I close out of Outlook completely or even re-boot my computer). The only other possiblity seems to be to click "Add" in COM Add-Ins but then it asks for a file name and I don't have a clue what to enter there. Any suggestions?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Restoring Junk Mail Filter after it was disabled by Outlook

This may be somewhat drastic but you could try a clean uninstall of ZASS and then re-install it hoping it will "find" Outlook and reinstall the Junk mail filter.Personally, I have Outlook 2003 and found I got less junkmail with the Outlook filter on than with the ZASS filter on so I turned my ZASS junk filter off.

ashokatluri Guest

01.) Click on Help and select About Microsoft Outlook.

02.) If you have Outlook 2003, click on the Disabled Items button.

03.) If Mailbuddy Outlook Add-in is listed, highlight the Mailbuddy add-in and click Enable.

04.) Close and restart Outlook.
    This was posted below by some other forum user. Just copied and pasted here.

judyh Guest

I experienced this problem and was able to resolve it by following your instructions. Thanks!!!.

Thread Information