Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update to crashing Outlook - I finally have a workaround solution.

tacpow Guest

Default Re: Update to crashing Outlook - I finally have a workaround solution.

While leaving mailsafe email attachment scanning disabled reduces crashes, I have opted to enable it and live with the crashes. It seems that there are a decent number of folks with this problem. Why will ZA not fix this?I do agree that you can continue to use Outlook after getting the error message, but I cannot send and recieve email after I get the notice.One additional note, Every time I reboot, I get a message telling me that thorconnwndclass is not responding. This appears to be related to outlook. I suspect this program is connected to my problem.

ourtwocents Guest

Since completing a totally clean wipe and reinstall, I've had no problems. I also set to manually update in the future. I'm holding on the reinstall of 6.5.722.000, and maybe some day we'll have a good update to install.

misternetwork Guest

Default Re: Update to crashing Outlook - Solution.

Update to last post... Yes Workaround does work. Crash free for 3 days now.

ZA's instructions worked... pain in the *ss but worked!!

http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...tallNonNT.html

THANK YOU!!!!

ourtwocents Guest

I'm glad doing the complete uninstall worked for you too. Of course, we still never had a true response from ZA on this...either here to the group, or by my support request...which they still have never replied to. It's a real shame that we must find solutions as users.

misternetwork Guest

True about ZA... but atleast we *finally* have a fix...
    To put it in perspective against... oh say Microsoft, then ZA doesn't seem so bad at all!!

Bob

ourtwocents Guest

I spoke too soon. For some reason, the MailFrontier component is crashing again today. I don't know if it's something related to a ZA or MS update. Both had updates come in requiring a reboot.I've disabled MailFrontier at the moment pending any news from ZA or other users. I really don't wish to reinstall again. I've sent notes to everyone I suggested ZA to hoping it's just on my system and not ZA. Although, I'm losing all hope in their program. Then again, with all these MS updates, who knows if they're just setting something to gain more business. Operating System: Windows XP Home EditionProduct Info:As of: 09/14/2006Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security SuiteSoftware Version: 6.5.722.000AntiSpam Engine: 4.8.1.7217

misternetwork Guest

DOH!!!
    Crashing again..although not too often, and yes.. both MS & ZA updates occurred before crashing started... and OH YES....Not interested in doing a complete uninstall everytime there's an update.
    Norton was a bear that slowed everything. Hated McAfee - got in the way of everything.

WinXPPro Version 2002 SP2
    Office/Outlook 2003 SP2

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 6.5.737.000
    AntiSpam Engine: 4.8.2.7565

tacpow Guest

Every purported fix I have tried has not really worked. I just live with the crashes.As Mister Networked stated in an earlier post " if I leave the original Outlook "Reminders" window open, I have no crashes."This does work. I always get 2 reminder windowns when the system takes a dump, so maybe it is unfair to call this problem a crash. I can still compose and save emails, but I cannot send and recieve after getting these crash (or reminder) notices.Sometimes you learn to live with computer problems. Unfortunately, I am forced to learn to live with this one.X-(

swampboy Guest

I've had same issue since one of the za upgrades and have searched off and on for close to two months, maybe longer, for an answer. I've tried creating a new profile, deleting the email off the server (as I save copies), disabling items, and each time it returns. I just did za's latest update last week, hoping the problem would be fixed, but it remains. I do look forward to the fix. I'm seriously contemplating a total bail on za, but that's always a real pain to find and implement another solution to handle fw, virus and email scanning. So I have nothing constructive to offer this thread, but I wanted my experience in the mix.

ourtwocents Guest

My problem fixed itself after the most recent ZA AV/AS updates.
    :8}
    I had antispam
    off for quite a while and had tried every other mentioned fix.
    Even after a complete uninstall where it did work a bit, it would start crashing again after updates.
    I'm now running fully enabled with no problems.
    About the only problem I still have is ZA's lack of tech support.
    They never did respond to my request for help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information