Thread: Attachments unavailable...?

izzievoodoo Guest

Default Attachments unavailable...?

Hi I'm new to Zonelabs and I'm still configuring things.
    I've also just switched to Outlook Express. My work means that I get a lot of mp3 attchments from strangers (bands) with good intentions, so I need to be able to read them without aggravation but safe in the knowlege that they're virus free of course.

I just received a tonne of mp3 attachments and I can't open any of them. One of them I was told i couldn't read because it was potentially unsafe, and the rest were ghosted out, either to play or to save.

I did have inbound mailsafe on, but turned it off. now I can see the attachments but still can't play or save them.
    Could someone help please?

thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

izzievoodoo Guest

Default Re: Attachments unavailable...?

Ah.. doesn't matter I've fixed it...thanks.. it was an OE problem.

pairofhearts Guest

<blockquote><hr>izzievoodoo wrote:
    Ah.. doesn't matter I've fixed it...thanks.. it was an OE problem.
    <hr></blockquote>
    OK izzie..........what was the problem with Outlook? It would be cool if you would share your fix with the rest of the forum. Thanx

izzievoodoo Guest

Hia.. sorry, I was a bit rushed last night.

well two things I hadn't done. Firstly in Zone Alarm, I hadn't added Outlook Express to the list of programs in 'Program Control'. But this didn't solve the problem I had.
    In Outlook Express/Tools/Options/Security, the box was checked for 'Do not allow attchments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus'. I unchecked it and eveything was fine. I've put Inbound mailsafe protection back on too

Thread Information