Thread: Privacy advisor is blocking cookies, and I don't know how to tell it not to

muradkhan Guest

Default Privacy advisor is blocking cookies, and I don't know how to tell it not to

Hi all:

How do I configure ZA to allow cookies from certain sites?

The way I understand it, when you visit a site, the 'Site List' tab under the 'Privacy' section lists what is allowed and what is blocked for individual sites. In my case, when I'm on the verizon wireless network privacy advisor tells me that cookies are being blocked, but there is no indication in the site list of the block. What is going on. This problem does not happen when I'm on my home network.

The fact that privacy advisor is the one notifying me that cookies were blocked, tells me that it has everything to do with ZA and not my network.

Thanks in advance

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Privacy advisor is blocking cookies, and I don't know how to tell it not to

It could be your Privacy database has gotten corrupt and needs resetting. But first, try this. Go to your ZASS > Privacy > Site List, right click on the "troubled site" then click to 'remove' it. Now click on the 'add' button and manually add the site back to the list. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

Thread Information