Thread: Privacy Advisor steals the focus

cjmacey Guest

Default Privacy Advisor steals the focus

The is not question so much as a comment. However, I don't see any other mechanism for providing feedback to the developers.

It is extremely annoying that the Privacy Advisor steals the focus from the current webpage. I understand that this was done
    to permit the user to look at details without having to refocus on the Privacy Advisor pop-up, but how often do you want to
    do that? Instead, essentially every time you change pages, you loose focus and have to click in the page to simply scroll with
    the scroll wheel. This is a very dumb design choice.

Is there any possibility that this will be passed along?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Privacy Advisor steals the focus

They want to you look at the Privacy Advisor instead of whatever you were doing previously.Attention grabbing functionality I guess.

pkocsis Guest

Default Re: Privacy Advisor steals the focus

Maybe 5 years ago, the statement "They want you to look at the Privacy Advisor instead of whatever you were doing previously" might've made sense.
    With the monitor resolutions as they were, many people were probably working with maximized IE and other apps.
    In this day and age though, with larger screen real estate being much more common, the privacy advisor can clearly be seen without the need to steal focus.
    There SHOULD AT LEAST be an option:
    OPTION #1:
    LET PRIVACY ADVISOR STEAL FOCUS - for folks who generally work with maximized windows
    OPTION #2: SHOW PRIVACY ADVISOR BUT DO NOT ALLOW IT TO STEAL FOCUS - for those folks with large screen real estate where the privacy advisor is rarely obscured by an open window
    ....just my .02
    .....I think this is a tremendous drawback, and frankly a bug that should either be fixed, or at least the option(s) as given above incorporated...

Thread Information