Thread: Duplication between noscript ad on in Firefox & ZA Pro's script blocking

Hybrid View

escalader Guest

Default Duplication between noscript ad on in Firefox & ZA Pro's script blocking

For all the well known reasons I use Firefox, I have been hardening it for even better security.

One of the ad ons is no script 1.1.4.3. Does that duplicate what I can do with ZA Pro?

Are there any sources where I can get a list of "non overlapping" Firefox options, or should I just chase them down 1 by 1 here in this forum?

If this is an old question I appologize.

Please advise.

Default Re: Duplication between noscript ad on in Firefox & ZA Pro's script blocking

Hi escalader

I suppose there is overlap between the two applications. Since both can be set to block or allow generically, or customized for each individual site.

The other additional extensions of FF can be compared to the Privacy.

The ZA Privacy is great for IE users as well as the FF users. Using both Privacy and FF additional features is okay-should not be a problem.

But keep in mind I favor the ZA AntiSpy versions, which is basically the ZA Pro without the Privacy features added. The "privacy" aspects are done in the FireFox and the Opera browsers themselves.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

escalader Guest

Default Re: Duplication between noscript ad on in Firefox & ZA Pro's script blocking

<blockquote><hr>Oldsod wrote:
    Hi escalader

I suppose there is overlap between the two applications. Since both can be set to block or allow generically, or customized for each individual site.

The other additional extensions of FF can be compared to the Privacy.

The ZA Privacy is great for IE users as well as the FF users. Using both Privacy and FF additional features is okay-should not be a problem.

But keep in mind I favor the ZA AntiSpy versions, which is basically the ZA Pro without the Privacy features added. The &quot;privacy&quot; aspects are done in the FireFox and the Opera browsers themselves.

Oldsod
    <hr></blockquote>

Yes, this much is clear.

But I want to be clearer about the point you favour the antispy version. What exactly do you mean. I was given a choice the free version, then the suite, then of course ZA Pro. I chose pro since I rely on Bitdefender and SpySweeper.

I just use the ZA antispy as an extra on demand spy ware product. I run with it off to avoid conflicts real or imagined with my AV and ASW tools.

How do you or do you disable the privacy features maybe I'm just confused again.... c'est la guerre

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...en&lid=ho_zaas

Sorry but I thought the thread was dead and just found it doing my weekly-check-over-the -backposts.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information