Thread: Missing hyperlink

chobbs Guest

Default Missing hyperlink

I am having trouble with one of my online bank account web sites. The web page is normal except that the hyperlink to logon to the account is missing. It is a blank space, please see section of web page below - there should be a hyperlink where it says returning customers. (Heres the link to the web page http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=23200510). I have called the bank and their website is working OK.But they have been totally useless and have been unable to help with the problem. Is it something to do with my antivirus settings. Any suggestions would be gratefull received

Instant Saver is provided by Bank of Ireland.

Returning customers

Gross rates are variable and do not take account of deductions of income tax.
    AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year, it does not take account of deductions of income tax.
    Bank of Ireland is authorised by the Financial Regulator in Ireland and by the Financial Services Authority; regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK Business. Bank of Ireland subscribe to the Banking Code. A copy of the code is available on request.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Missing hyperlink

See if this works for you. Go to your ZASS Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter www.postoffice.co.uk then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

chobbs Guest

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the rapid response. Yes that worked perfectly.The hyperlinks are now where they should be.

I have several other online accounts and this was the only one I was having problems with which I found a little surprising. Do you have any ideas why that might be.

Thanks Again,

Chris

billc Guest

Sorry I'm just now seeing your question. The only thing I can add is the site in question has a different format for coding the page you see rendered than the other sites. Without studding the source code in detail, I'm not really sure. Nonetheless, this solution should work for almost all 'troubled' sites.

Thread Information