Thread: Intrusive Alert Messages

armchair_scouse Guest

Default Intrusive Alert Messages

N.B.
    This post has appeared
    on another forum, however it was recommended that I re-posted it to the Mail forum for an answer.
    I have ZoneAlarm's Internet Security Suite installed, and it does a pretty good job of securing my PC.
    My only niggles with it so far have been that it detected two viruses on my PC but was said it was unable to remove them, and I had to download products from other vendors to clean the infected files.
    However, my real gripe is with an Alert Message asking me to connect to the Internet, specifically:
    'ZoneAlarm Security Suite needs to check with the ZoneAlarm servers for updated junk mail blocking rules and techniques.
    You are currently not connected to the internet.
    Would you like to connect to the internet now?'

The message box offers me
    'Yes' and 'No' buttons, and it is fine when I am connected (or connecting) to the Internet.
    However, sometimes I just want to use my PC without being connected to the World Wide Wait.
    I will fire up Visual Basic or a game, and be busy for a few minutes, when suddenly the application is minimised and this alert message is shown.
    I click No, maximise my application window, and the same thing happens 5-10 minutes later and keeps happening every 5-10 minutes.
    Aaaaarrrrghhh!!!!
    Imagine how frustrating that can be.
    I have used ZoneAlarm for several years now and have considered it to be an excellent product, such that I have recommended it to friends, family and colleagues.
    This annoying alert is beginning to cloud the rosy picture I had of the product...
    And please bear in mind that simply
    turning ZoneAlarm off
    isn't the answer, as I am using the ZA Suite as my virus protection tool.
    Heeeelp!!
    Armchair Scouse

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Intrusive Alert Messages

Try this - click overview. On Check for product updates - change on Manually.
    PS - I turn off the junk mail filter

Thread Information