Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlook Needs To Close

stucollings Guest

Default Re: Outlook Needs To Close

OK, just about at my wits end with this! Time to start thinking of uninstalling ZA and looking at the alternatives.

utdl.dllis that the correct spelling? I can't find it anywhere. See if you can find it on your harddrive. I don't have this file on my harddrive and I am using Windows XP Pro with full updates.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

stucollings Guest

Oops,sorry Hoov, -
    the correct file is ntdll.dll (it must have been late when I wrote it down!)

ntdll is used by just about everything. Have you tried replacing it? Extract the file from your windows install disk? Or better yet, try reinstalling Outlook?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

stucollings Guest

Hoov,
    Yes, I've tried reinstalling Outlook early on in the history of the fault to no avail.
    My wife runs a web-based business on our main PC and I can no longer continue to spend time on this issue and
    am sick of the hassle it is causing.
    I guess I have arrived at the ultimate solution - ditch ZASS and return to Norton. The word is that Internet Security 2007 doesn't slow PCs down to a crawl in the same way that 2006 did so I'm going back to Norton!
    Thanks for all your help and advice
    and I am sorry that I have run out of patience with ZASS before you could help me get it sorted!
    Time to see if Zone Labs will honour their refund policy.
    I'll let you know how I get on with Norton.
    Best regards,
    Stu

stucollings Guest

My refund has been sorted - just got to mail in my 'Certificate of Destruction'.
    Norton Internet Security 2007 is installed and is working fine. Best of all, no email issues and none of the dreaded 'Outlook needs to close' errors.
    It is a pity that Zone Labs seem unable (or unwilling) to sort out this major issue as it is obviously losing customers!

rbanasik Guest

Ok, I have the exact same issue and have recreated profiles, etc.
    This all started when I purchased the anti-virus module for Zonelabs. Is there a fix or must I uninstall that component?

<blockquote><hr>StuCollings wrote:
    My refund has been sorted - just got to mail in my 'Certificate of Destruction'.Norton Internet Security 2007 is installed and is working fine. Best of all, no email issues and none of the dreaded 'Outlook needs to close' errors.It is a pity that Zone Labs seem unable (or unwilling) to sort out this major issue as it is obviously losing customers!
    <hr></blockquote>
    Ok, I have the exact same issue and have recreated profiles, etc.
    This all started when I purchased the anti-virus module for Zonelabs. Is there a fix or must I uninstall that component?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information