Thread: I am having problems with the privacy on Zone Alarm pro v6.5.737.000.....

bennee Guest

Default I am having problems with the privacy on Zone Alarm pro v6.5.737.000.....

When i try to connect to the internet (www.google.com
    and every other web site i try to go to)
    it hangs there and tries to load the page but it takes to long to load... I have taken the steps of turning off the cookie control and it seems to work perfectly.. When i turn the cookie to med it doesnt work then i change it back to off... I change ad blocking to med and it doesnt work so i change that back to off... Get my drift here.. I dont know if there is something wrong but i have been looking all over these forums and i deleted the backup.rdb and the iamdb.rdb.. With no success, still does the same thing... I have unistalled completly and it still does not work correctly... I have it installed on my other computer and it works perfectly i have the cookie settings on med and ad settings on
    high and it still works... Whats the problem and how do i fix it? If worst case scenerio i have to leave it off thats fine cause i dont do much surfing the web with the computer thats haveing the problem.. I do my surfing with the other comp that works perfect.. The comp that works good the specs are as follows:
    Manufacturer:
    Built by MEProcessor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+,
    MMX,
    3DNow, ~2.3GHzMemory: 1536MB RAMVideo Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio (onboard)Speakers/Headphones: Creative 2.1Operating System: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2
    The Computer i am having trouble with the specs are as Follows:Manufacturer: Built By ME
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 (1GB)
    Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Audio
    Speakers/Headphones: Creative 2.1
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:

Message Edited by BeNNee on 10-15-200607:38 PM

Default Re: I am having problems with the privacy on Zone Alarm pro v6.5.737.000.....

Do you use the free or paid version?
    I use the paid version (I do turn off Privacy because stuff like that annoys me) and have the Custom button where I can customise the Medium or High settings.
    Oh yes, you're a gamer aren't you? :8}

Message Edited by Jeruselem on 10-16-200611:51 PM

bennee Guest

Default Re: I am having problems with the privacy on Zone Alarm pro v6.5.737.000.....

yeah i have Zone Alarm Pro... And yes i am a gamer.. but i dont like the game mode it has it should minimize the pop ups and allow you to game not just say yes to all or no to all.... But now i dont even use Zone Alarm Pro i use Jetico it was the best firewall that
    firewallleaktester.com
    did and it is FREE..
    and it was
    what i was looking for with out all the extra.. Other wise i would go with Kapersky but i hear the firwall is not that good.... but u be the judge....

Thread Information