Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm crashes Outlook

zonealarmspiff Guest

Default ZoneAlarm crashes Outlook

I am using ZA 6.5.722 with Outlook 2003. I was forced to reformat and reinstall the OS and App. softwareon my computer (onto a new hard drive)asI was having numerous problems and it was about time to do it anyways (it's been a few years).What I discovered on a fresh install of XP & Office 2003 with all the updates is thatZA repeatedly crashes Outlook, usually within minutes of starting the program. It was doing this before the reinstall and is still doing it.It seems to occur primarily when I'm reading an email message and Outlook is checking for new email and I get the MS crash dialogue box that comes upsimply showing "ZoneAlarm Outlook" as the problem description, so I don't know if the problem is with the junk filter or the antivirus. It also happens sometimes when I'm away from the computer and not readingan email message.Any ideas?Henry

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

zacat Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm crashes Outlook

I'm having exactly the same problem.....started about within the last few weeks.

glenlyon Guest

I have exactly the same issue and have been through three calls with ZL Support. I have tried all their suggestions including a complete erradciation of the ZL program. I still have the same issue. This only happened with the latest upgrade.

fishears Guest

me too. I frequently get a Window titled "ZoneAlarm - Outlook" which asks me to send a crash report to Microsoft and forces Outlook to close. This only started after I installed 6.5.722.000

If i disable the Mailbuddy COM Add-in in Outlook then I get no crashes but obviously no Zonealarm mail filtering either....

dreeme Guest

Did anyone try running the "Detect and Repair" feature in Outlook then checking "Disabled Items" to see if Outlook disabled any component of Zone Alarm?

zonealarmspiff Guest

I disabled the ZA email filtering too and the crashes have mostly stopped now. I'm just back to the usual types of Windows crashes and lockups. I guess MS or Zonelabs should address this problem in the next bug fix/upgrade.

I'm using Outlook's junk mail filter instead of ZA's and it seems to work quite well.

Henry

Message Edited by ZoneAlarmSpiff on 07-24-2006 10:56 AM

fishears Guest

i just reinstalled 6.5.722 (ran setup and selected Upgrade) and I haven't had a problem since. Maybe this is the result of recent MS updates to Outlook 2003 messing with ZA?

garyh Guest

Same problem ish- outlook express failed to open with "mantispam.exe" running in one user identity but ok in other users. A reinstall - upgrade ofZA sec suite has cured it.Not an elegantfix but it works.

fishears Guest

scratch that - problem is BACK - Outlook crashing as before..... COME ON ZONELABS!

fishears Guest

yes, i have tried the detect & repair option in Outlook 2003. It completed successfully and no items were disabled. Outlook still crashes with a "Zonealarm - Outlook" error report.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information