Thread: outlook delayed startup: must mailfrontier recheck every inbox email every I start outlook?

marlow Guest

Default outlook delayed startup: must mailfrontier recheck every inbox email every I start outlook?

Every time I start outlook, it is bogged down with mailfrontier checking every email in the inbox. It has already checked all the old emails (in my case ~900). Is there any way to have mailfrontier check only new, incoming mail?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: outlook delayed startup: must mailfrontier recheck every inbox email every I start outlook?

Well, I disable it anyway. You could move some of mail in the Inbox to subfolders to cut down the lag (and get your inbox organised).

marlow Guest

Default Re: outlook delayed startup: must mailfrontier recheck every inbox email every I start outlook?

Yes, I should get to that inbox organizing, but it's still a ways down the list. But the suggestion to move things to a subfolder is a good one I hadn't thought of.
    So ZASS only checks the main inbox I guess? I'll look to see if there's any further config options I've missed.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Off topic: I see you're setting up a new laptop. Good luck with that! It took me weeks to purge most of the games and other shovelware c**p from a new HP laptop six months ago. And I still encounter megabytes more of hidden residue from time to time.

Thread Information