Thread: Only scans 1000 messages

parsnipnose Guest

Default Only scans 1000 messages

Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180Win XP Pro SP2ZASS 6.5.737.000 with Antispam v 4.8.2.7565
    I am going through
    12 folders containing approximately 500,000 messages, the vast majority of which is junk.
    Only one of these folders is inbox.
    On some of my less complicated OE Identities, ZA could successfully scan an inbox containing many thousands of messages.
    However, for example, if using >zonealarm options >scan selected folder to scan messages in the majority of my folders it will only process 1000 messages at a time even though the progress bar will count all the way.
    E.g. 10,000 junk messages in a folder, run scan, now I have 990 in ZA junk foder, and 9010 in the original folder, but I have to wait for it to go through all 10,000.
    then I run it again on the remaining 9000, and get left with 8000 and so on....
    To get around this I have been moving 1000 messages at a time into a temp folder, but this is very laborious.
    What could be causing this?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Only scans 1000 messages

Time to change your email address by the looks of it :8}

parsnipnose Guest

Default Re: Only scans 1000 messages

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
    The trouble is, I have about 70 domain names, many of which have a catchall account, because they are such old domains and have had many ad-hoc addresses used over the years.
    I managed to turn off the catchall addreses on some of the new ones.

Thread Information