Thread: Mailsafe changed file extension

petmaj Guest

Default Mailsafe changed file extension

I was expecting an executable file in an email and mailsafe changed it to .zl9. Now it won't let me run it. I get through to the screen that says if I'm sure I want to run it and I get a message that says I may not have permission to do that. I am the administrator and have all permissions. So what gives?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:5.x

billc Guest

Default Re: Mailsafe changed file extension

That's what MailSafe does...it changes file extensions so they can not be accidentally opened. Download the file and save it to your computer. Now right click on it , select rename, then change the extension it back to .exe .

petmaj Guest

<blockquote><hr>BillC wrote:
    That's what MailSafe does...it changes file extensions so they can not be accidentally opened. Download the file and save it to your computer. Now right click on it , select rename, then change the extension it back to .exe .
    <hr></blockquote>

I have tried that and it won't let me change it back to an .exe file?????

billc Guest

I assume you're using your Admin account? You may need to follow these directions . I understand the directions are for uninstalling, but I believe this might work for you as well.

petmaj Guest

<blockquote><hr>BillC wrote:
    I assume you're using your Admin account? You may need to follow these directions . I understand the directions are for uninstalling, but I believe this might work for you as well.
    <hr></blockquote>

Yes I have all the admin rights. I told the company to resend the file after I turned off the mailsafe option. When I get it then I'll turn it back on. Thanks for your help.

Thread Information