Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mailsafe didn t change file extension

billc Guest

Default Re: Mailsafe didn t change file extension

If you reinstall Zone Alarm, do a 'clean' uninstall of your present firewall first. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

joeii Guest

Bill,

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I had 30 minutes to blow, so I ran through them but it didn t change anything. :-S At least those directories are cleaned out now there was a lot of old junk in there from upgrades and whatever. Thanks for your help, guess I ll have to live with it for now (maybe the next upgrade will fix it?).

Joe

Try turning the inbound mailsafe setting to off,. Reboot windows, make sure its still off, and then set it to on, and reboot again, and make sure its still on (this is to make sure there is no hybrid setting in the DB for ZA). Test it again.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

joeii Guest

Hoov, Hi. Thanks for the reply. I wasn t sure it would make any difference because I completely removed and re-installed ZoneAlarm, but I gave your procedure a try anyway since it really wasn t a lot of work.

I turned mailsafe off, rebooted, logged in, saw it was still off (saw the warning too), turned it on, rebooted, logged in, saw it was still on, sent myself an email with an attachment and it wasn t blocked. :-(
    At least it has picked up the last 2 pieces of SPAM that I received that did have an attachment. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information