Thread: Junk mail filter allowing lots of SPAM through

andyo Guest

Default Junk mail filter allowing lots of SPAM through

Hi - I have used Zone Alarm for over a year and have also purchased for several other users. I am finding that the mailsafe feature is becoming less and less robust. I recieve roughly 60 spam mails a day - over 20 of which get through to the inbox. This number is rising and a local hotel now gets 400 spam mails and nearly half are getting through. Does the mailsafe feature get upograded on a regular basis, or do I have to keep making the filter 'stronger' and thereby possibly have good amil junked?

Andy

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

pslezak Guest

Default Re: Junk mail filter allowing lots of SPAM through

I thought it was just me, but I appear to be having the same problem on both of my ZASS 6.5 protected, and I use the term loosely, computers.
    I also haven't received an av update since 11-15.
    AND on one machine (wireless connected, though I did try to connect it wired once as well... with the same results) I have to tweak the firewall to download av updates.. 6.5 is not a very good release.. I've used ZA for 3 years and this is by far the worst release!

Many users have declared the ZA 6.1.744.001 as the best of the 6.x series and use it instead.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

andyo Guest

Cheers oldsod - but where can I download an older version from - cannt seem to find it anywhere on the zonelabs site.

Cheers

andy

AndyO

From here and use it until the ZASS version 7.x is released. The ZASS version 7.x will be the best, most improved version yet and it will be bugfree!

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information