Thread: Privacy Settings for a Drupal Site

jumpintigger Guest

Default Privacy Settings for a Drupal Site

I have Zone Labs security suite running on a windows XP machine and have my machine set up as a local development server with Apache, PHP MySQL etc in order to test the open source CMS "Drupal"

There were issues with user login when i tested my local drupal test web site which were definetly related to having Zone Alarm running, proved by the fact that when ever i turned off zone alarm everything worked fine.

With ZoneAlarm running the only way i can login to my test site is to set cookie control and Ad blocking to Off in Zone Alarm however that is not a very good solution as i don't want these to be "off" for all my websites i visit, and also if i put this website live, i don't want users of my website who also use ZoneAlarm to have to set the privacy control settings to Off.

I have tried adding localhost & 127.0.0.1 to the site list in the privacy section of zonealarm and clicking allow for all the options i.e. cookie control, private headers etc, but this still does not allow me to login to me website.

Is there anything i can do to add the necessary privaleges to my localwebserver/drupal site, so that i can increase the privacy control for all other websites.

Cheers

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Privacy Settings for a Drupal Site

Have you tried turning the privacy advisor on?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

jumpintigger Guest

The privacy advisor says: Privacy has blocked cookies and private headers, but when you click details the local web site does not appear in the site list window.... very weird. I cleared out all entries in the site window just to make sure and sure enough if i visited my local website the privacy pop up box appeared but no entry in the site list.

Seems a bit odd that zonealarm doesn't recognise it, perhaps it is something to do with my local webserver set up?

Are you using a proxy server?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

tsr Guest

Well, this won't answer your question, but if you're afraid of your drupal site having the same problems when people visit it while online, this might make you a little more confident.

I'm about to do the same exact thing as you've done, for local development on my harddrive (IF I can get it to work) using Drupal 4.7. I'll certainly let you know if I come across any solutions, but I fully expect I'll encounter the same difficulties.

In any event, I was only recently introduced to Drupal by a friend, who set up a test web site for me using Drupal 5.0, since he had some extra space on his server. With his guidance, I did a fair bit of standard, basic start up stuff as just the beginnings of my education. I had ZoneLabs Security Suite running then and I had absolutely no problem with the online site.

So maybe to put your mind at ease, if you disconnect from the net, shutdown zonealarm, and use your localhost to create a basic temporary website - and then restart the security suite, connect to the net, and upload your website, you might find out for once and for all if you'll have the same problems online (and whether other users would have those problems).

I'm sorry that's not really a solution, but for the time being it might do as a workaround.

Terry
    Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 6.1 (just downgraded from 6.5 so it would stop rearranging my drive letters, lol)

Thread Information