Thread: SMTP Send Error - firewall issue.

Hybrid View

tomtml Guest

Default SMTP Send Error - firewall issue.

Hi All,

I've run into an unusual mail problem that I hope anyone here may be able to help with.

I've recently signed up for a new hosting account with Rochen.com. I've run into the problem that when I try to send emails to the Rochen pop3 mailserver sending fails and I receive the following error message:

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC65): 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service Provider (isp). The server responded: 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA'

When I talked to Rochen they advised me of the following http://forums.rochen.com/showthread.php?t=7398, stating that it is an anti-virus problem. I did as the FAQ suggested and temporarily disabled my firewall and could send fine.

Can anyone here or any Zone Labs representative let me know if there is a tweak or download fix for this problem.

Thanks,
    Tom.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: SMTP Send Error - firewall issue.

I'm not a Zone Labs representative but I'll be happy to try to help.You can contact Zone Labs at Zone Labs Technical Support .

First, have you granted 'send mail' rights to your e-mail client? in ZASS > E-Mail protection do you have 'Outbound Protection' turned on? If you do, in the 'Advanced' button, have you checked the box "If senders' address is not on this list"?

Also go to your ZASS > Program Control > Main panel > Advanced button, click on the 'Alert and functionality' tab, and make sure you have program alerts turned on.

tomtml Guest

Hi Bill,

Yes I have got it enabled, and not the address is not on the rule list.

I have disabled the Outbound Protection function and still have the problem ..

Thanks for your help.
    Tom.

billc Guest

Try a couple other things. Go to your ZASS Program Control > Programs List, locate your e-mail client (Which client do you use by the way?), right click on it, then click to 'remove' it from the list. If the client is open, close it then open it anew. Now try to send yourself an e-mail and see if you get a ZASSS program alert. If so, click 'allow' and the 'remember this ' box. Now look on your Programs List in ZASS to confirm the e-mail client was added back in and that it has 'access' in both zones as well as 'send mail' rights. See if you get the mail you tried to send.

Can you receive mail ok from the server your using?

Are you using port 25 for your outgoing mail?

If that does not work, then try going to your ZASS > Program Control > Main panel and then move the Program Control slider to 'OFF' and try to send yourself mail again and see what happens.

Thread Information