Thread: .zlg

article527 Guest

Default .zlg

Is the .zlg extension proprietary or public?

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: .zlg

proprietary as the .ZLG are encrypted log files.If they were public encryption wouldnt need to be used.

article527 Guest

I'm sorry but I cannot detect whether your response is yes it is proprietaryor no it isn't.

article527 Guest

Sorry no, the sentence beginning with the word "proprietary" does notsay whether .zlgit is proprietary or not.

This is amazing, I ask a simple question that only requires a yes or no answer, no one states yes or nobut drags this out over a course of posts and days.

May I ask why is yes or no not applicable here? It either is or it isn't.

The reason I would like to know is if it is proprietary then why is it being used by two software programs, ZA and e-surveiller?

If it is not proprietary thenwhy can't ZA acquire ownership of it or stop using it to avoid mass confusion about .zlg being a keylogger? Simply not listing .zlg as an extension option in the software for mailsafe files would go a long way in disposing of the false positive issue.

In the event that it is not propritary and in the interest of integrity I would never produce software that shared a file extension with a known keylogger.

flyyourway Guest

D00d no one is dragging this out anymore then it needs to be,if you are so intrested in the file extension all you have to do is use google and do your own research.The .zlg extension belongs to Zonealarm mailsafe,as it is encrypted therefore its propriety to ZoneLabs,yes the extension is also used by a Keylog program and those logs are Propriety to their program,one company cannot own rights to fileextensions unless they place claim on them and trademark them,which ZoneLabs did not do for that specific extension.Is it then a public extension,well yes any program writer can use it,but the info it encrypts belongs to that program.This is as best as I am going to explain it to you without getting into the technical terms.

READ FOR YOURSEL

article527 Guest

Are you saying that the contents of the .zlg are proprietary to Zone Alarm and the file extension itself of
    .zlg is not proprietary?
    If so that is OK but I still see nothing redeemable in Zone Alarm sharing a file extension that I can only find in one other place and that is e-Surveiller spyware.

Thread Information