Thread: ZA Spam filter allowing some spam through

Hybrid View

ugogirl Guest

Default ZA Spam filter allowing some spam through

I recently installed the ZASS and it was working great at filtering spam in Outlook Express. The past few days, however, I'm getting spam in my Inbox. I have to open the email to move it manually to the ZA Spam folder. Is it normal for this to happen at times? Also, after I send it to the Spam folder, I don't know where it goes, but it's not in the folder! I have MailSafe enabled and I see the pop-up when I get new mail. Sometimes I just use the pull down options menu and check "block sender". When I do this the email gets deleted. Am I doing something wrong? TIA for any help.
    Madelyn

Zone Alarm Security Suite 6.5.737.000

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

rowantree Guest

Default Re: ZA Spam filter allowing some spam through

Hi,
    No, some Spam will always get through, so it's working OK. You can "contribute" that to the Zone Alarm database of Spam senders. I think how it works is for all your incoming mail it checks against a list of known Spammers and sends that mail to your Junk Email folder (or whatever its called). So if there's new Spam it doesn't know about yet, it'll get through until it has learned. I never block any senders I just "contribute" their email instead and never see any from them again.
    The whole ZA Junk Email Filter thing though is a bit ropey. From time to time it'll just not work, you'll go into a panic thinking Outlook Express is goosed, when it's nothing to do with OE. If that happens to you, just Disable the ZA Junk Email filter for a day or so and then re-enable it and it'll probably be back in business.
    Cheers,David.

ugogirl Guest

Thanks rowantree for your response. It was doing so well in getting the Spam (much better than when I had Norton and McAfee), that when it missed some I thought there was a problem.
    I've already configured to contribute to the ZA database. Thanks,again. Have a Happy 2007!Madelyn

Message Edited by ugogirl on 01-01-200705:54 PM

rowantree Guest

No problem. Happy New Year to you too.
    Cheers,David

Thread Information