Thread: GMail won't load with ZoneAlarm 6.5 Running

potterjazz Guest

Default GMail won't load with ZoneAlarm 6.5 Running

Subject says it all. If I attempt to access my Gmail account through either Firefox or IE 7 ZoneAlarm intervenes and seems to put the script that runs when you log-in to Gmail in a loop. This is probably some kind of java blocking, but I don't know ZA 6.5 well enough to know how to fix it. Any thoughts? PS: I can't watch videos at the New York Times site with ZA running, either.
    Thanks in advance,
    Potterjazz

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: GMail won't load with ZoneAlarm 6.5 Running

Is mobile cose OFF in the main privacy tab?Please go to the privacy tab --> Site list tab --> locate gmail and/or NY times site --> right click the mouse button --> choose options --> untick everything under ad-blocking and mobile code tab.Does it work better now?If not, please disable everything under the main privacy tab. Does it work now?Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

potterjazz Guest

I changed ad blocking from High to Medium and I was able to enter Gmail without trouble (I tried going to the Site List first, as you suggested, but neither NYTimes nor GMail was listed there). I just tried a NY Times video and that went through, too. Thanks so much!!
    Potterjazz

Glad to hear that it works now...You can add manually the site (e.g. gmail.com or whatever site) under site list (privacy tab) and then adjust the settings (via right click of the mouse - option).The above will allow you to keep the general ad blocking to high (if you want)Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

potterjazz Guest

Good thought. I'll do that.

By the way, if you have time, could you look at the other message I posted here, the one pertaining to the junk email filter not working at *all* on my second machine? So far no one has any ideas, I guess.
    Potterjazz

Thread Information