Thread: Gmail will not open a new url or allow print all to work while zone alarm suite is running

cornea Guest

Default Gmail will not open a new url or allow print all to work while zone alarm suite is running

Since installing my new zone alarm suite 2007 on my new Dell E1505 notebook I cannot access any url's in an email without right clicking and hitting open. In addition, it will not allow the print all screen to open at all no matter what I do. If i disable zone alarm everything in gmail works. Why? To make matters more confusing, I have an older Emachine Celeron Desktop with the same ZA suite 2007 and the gmail works fine. I compared the settings on the new and old machine and they are identical. Is there something running behind the scenes that is affecting this. The OS is Windows XP for both with IE 6.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Gmail will not open a new url or allow print all to work while zone alarm suite is running

Chances are this is a privacy setting issue. On my site there are instructions on how to turn on the privacy advisor and how to use it. Try that.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

cornea Guest

Default Re: Gmail will not open a new url or allow print all to work while zone alarm suite is running

Thanks for
    your help.
    I know that it is a privacy problem, but my other computer had the exact same sttings but it worked. In any event I took your advice, reset the settings to default and removed all the edited sites and now it works somehow.

Sometimes a setting gets stuck, even though it doesn't indicate that.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information