Thread: Cookie blocked on Localhost !!!!

cybersensei Guest

Default Cookie blocked on Localhost !!!!

I've read through the forum on adding 127.0.0.1 to the Site List in Privacy on ZA 6.5.737 however ZA is still blocking the localhost cookie on my development box. This is getting pretty annoying! Any ideas!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Cookie blocked on Localhost !!!!

You could try clicking Custom in the Cookie Control and tweaking your privacy settings if you have a fully licensed version (can't do this in free versions).

dabayrus Guest

Tweaking the settings in the Cookie Control still doesnt work. I set Cookie Control to Off and still, cookies were blocked. So I set Ad blocking to Off. Lo and behold, I was able to logged in on localhost. But I want the recommended settings when I'm accessing the Internet. It's not convenient to turn off the settings when I'm testing on my local development box and turn it on again when I'm browsing. I also added 127.0.0.1 on the Site List but it doesnt work.

mashiro Guest

I have had exactly the same problem and the same frustration with ZoneAlarm 8.

The Privacy Advisor claims it is blocking cookies on my development machine (my own cookies on my own machine) even with all Cookie controls turned off. It turned out that I had to turn off Ad Blocking, too. If either Cookie control or Ad control was on, even to the lowest settings, my application failed in multiple, creative ways.

I have to make a living, so I have disabled all the privacy features.

reinisb Guest

yeah i have the same problem too.
    For me it doesn't matter what blocking settings i set up.. ZA 8 always blocks cookies everywhere.
    I hope this doesn't signal a downturn in the quality of ZA!
    I've been using it for years.

Thread Information