Thread: Email Protection - Cannot Turn Off

tazzaz Guest

Default Email Protection - Cannot Turn Off

This has happened before with processes, and I need a fix.
    I have email protection turned off completely - yet it keeps trying to filter mail, recreates the jumk mail folders, etc.
    It's completely ignoring the fact that it is turned off.
    Any Suggestions?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

huntingman Guest

Default Re: Email Protection - Cannot Turn Off

Hi,
    This worked for me.
    I hope it helps.
    In Outlook Click Tools and then Options. Click the Other Tab and then click Advanced Options.
    Next Click Com Add-Ins.
    Click on the Buddy Toolbar (or Zone Alarm if you see that) then click on Remove.

Happy ComputingHuntingmanhttp://churchmanagementsoftware.googlepages.com/home

crompie Guest

I'm experiencing the same problem with Outlook Express - turning off the Inbound MailSafe Protection has no effect - it continues to scan e-mail attachments.
    Another problem surfaces when there is a virus in the attachment. The "Virus warning" window opens to alert me that the attachment is being put in Quarantine - and that's good and fair enough. But after clicking the "Done" button, the mail downloading process in Outlook Express stops, and eventually times-out. So the original e-mail remains on the mail server, it is not deleted. Next time I attempt to download e-mail, exactly the same thing happens again, since the original e-mail with the virus attachment is still there, waiting to be downloaded from the server.
    And all subsequent e-mails cannot be accessed or downloaded, since the process stops as soon as ZA hits the virus.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

yodaman Guest

Hey Huntingman,

That was brilliant! Thank you very much, worked perfectly and I never would have found that on my own, you cured what had been a very frustrating afternoon!

I clicked on the "add Mailsafe" button during my most recent upgrade, realized I didn't want it, and couldn't get it off! I wish ZoneAlarm could be a little more up front about how to disable it, but your post fixed everything!

Thanks, and yes indeed, I'm back to "Happy Computing"!

huntingman Guest

Glad I could help.
    I just got lucky and found out how to get rid of it.
    When I have a problem like that I click almost every button and try everything.

I tried the Add-Ins because I have installed and used some with MS Access, so I was familiar with how they work.
    Huntingman

http://churchmanagementsoftware.googlepages.com/home

douglas_loomer Guest

Thank you Huntingman !!!!
    I registered to this site just to write you this...I have used the free Zone Alarm as my firewall for years, never had any problemsbefore. I guess I missed the part about opting out of the Junk Email feature.I suggest that Zone Alarm post Huntingman's solution in a prominent place on theirsite because I believe many people will want to turn this feature off. I can not be surebut my MS Outlook did not seem as stable as it was before this addin was installed.Outlook is a lot more stable and responsive now.

Thanks Again

Thread Information