Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I remove Anti-Spam of the FREE ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000 from Outlook Express?

dontspamme Guest

Default How do I remove Anti-Spam of the FREE ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000 from Outlook Express?

I just downloaded and installed the 8.0.337.000 update for my FREE ZoneAlarm and was caught a bit off guard by the fact that it installed Anti-Spam into my Outlook Express.

Unfortunately the FAQs instructions for a removal assume that the user has the ZoneAlarm Security Suite, which is not the case, and also feature instructions related to Outlook in the response supposedly covering removal from Outlook Express.

Did anybody run into the same problem? Any suggestions on how to remove the FREE ZoneAlarm's Anti-Spam from Outlook Express (on XP Home SP2 w/ IE7)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

volkswagen Guest

Default Re: How do I remove Anti-Spam of the FREE ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000 from Outlook Express?

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem - except running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP SP2.
    As soon as I start Outlook, the spam filter tries to start up, then I get an error message (and the usual option to email Microsoft the details etc. etc.).
    Then I am forced to exit Outlook.
    I've tried the online help and as DontSpamMe says the online help covers ZoneAlarmSecurity Suite and not the free version.
    Thanks for your help guys.
    Jason

alysscarlet Guest

Default Re: How do I remove Anti-Spam of the FREE ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.000 from Outlook Express?

I too have exactly the same problem as the poster above. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Home Edition and downloaded the basic ZoneAlarm 7 yesterday and it installed a Junk Mail toolbar in Outlook. Now whenever I open Outlook it starts to scan, and then freezes with an error message and I'm forced to exit.

The same thing happens even when ZoneAlarm is switched off, and I can't find any way of disabling the email scan from outside Outlook (and I can't do it from inside Outlook because it crashes).

Any advice on how to fix this or do I have to uninstall ZoneAlarm altogether?

Thanks
    Alys

naivemelody Guest

Important update on this issue: 4-7-07 <hr>Are you running another type of web browser other thanMicrosoft's
    Internet Explorer
    6 or
    Internet Explorer 7??
    Like Firefox orOpera,etc. You must use IE6 or IE7 - if you want to use the link below, then it will work, plus shutdown either Webroot SpySweeper and/or PCTools SpyDoctor, for good measure. Remember to turn back Webroot and/or PCTools afterwards. This link is for those who have installed ZA 7 Free version and are having problems with OutLook and Outlook Express with(ZA mailsafe,ZA anti-spam,ZA mail frontier) inadvertently enabled withZA 7 Free.<hr>Some users of free ZoneAlarm have inadvertently had Anti-spam enabled. This can cause interference with Outlook and Outlook Express, or possibly with Outlook crashes.
    To turn off the anti-spam filtering, please click on the following link. Select Run. Once it runs, you will get a popup asking if you really wish to add this information to the registry, click Yes. Then reboot your system. Antispam should now be disabled.
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ier/mf_off.reg
    We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Zone Labs
    Support

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 3-31-07~9:57pm e.s.t - Mama told me not to come - Three Dog Night

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 04-07-200707:55 PM

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 04-07-200707:55 PM

drmorbius Guest

See
    if Outlook Express can use the solution I found for Outlook:
    ... You can keep ZA 7x, but disable the ZA Outlook spam filter. In Outlook, go to Tools, Options.
    Select the Other tab and click the Advanced Options button. Then click COM Add-Ins, and uncheck the MailBuddy Outlook Addin checkbox and click Ok as many times as necessary to get out...
    -drmorbius

dontspamme Guest

<blockquote><hr>drmorbius wrote:
    See if Outlook Express can use the solution I found for Outlook:... You can keep ZA 7x, but disable the ZA Outlook spam filter. In Outlook, go to Tools, Options. Select the Other tab and click the Advanced Options button. Then click COM Add-Ins, and uncheck the MailBuddy Outlook Addin checkbox and click Ok as many times as necessary to get out...-drmorbius
    <hr></blockquote>

I already looked for any such options; unfortunately they do not exist in Outlook Express. Heck, even if anybody knew a registry hack to get rid of it, that would be fine with me.

dontspamme Guest

I'm sure that the solution for Outlook will work as described; any suggestions about what to do within Outlook Express, though?

<blockquote><hr>NaiveMelody wrote:
    Try this solution from another user - Huldin-the-Goth - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=46669 .<hr>In Microsoft Outlook navigate via Tools &gt; Options &gt; Advanced Options &gt; Com Add-Ins. Remove the tick from MailBuddy Outlook Addin. This will remove the problem. To restore MailBuddy Outlook Addin just replace the tick.

Message Edited by Huldin-the-Goth on 03-31-200710:54 AM<hr>Some recent changes in the new version ZA 7 x , which we ourselves slowly discovered - There is a ZA SS hidden underneath the ZA Free. Which includes ZA MailFrontier- which is interfering with your established email system . Possible Solution - First uninstall/delete ZA 7 x Free and then install the old version 6.5.737 ZA Free of Aug. 31, 2006 - here is the link - http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html . -to the Release History page - go to 6.5 Branch - and find 6.5.737.000 - to download this version, [do not download anything from Branch 6.1= security flaw], if successful and you get your email system working again - [ later, you may get a ZA program update box - you may not want to automatically update that - this would be an update to the new ZA 7 x Free, again, - not again - tell it to remind you in 60 days- repeat and rinse, until further developments]. Please post back with your results. Thanks to Senior JRosenfeld , Guru GeorgeV and others - who detected, analyzed , and offered up a solution; without any direct input or knowledge from ZA. Please, folks try not to throw rocks=(complain) at the (we)messengers - we are all free lance volunteers here, not ZA staff. NaiveMelody NYC 3-31-07~9:57pm e.s.t - Mama told me not to come - Three Dog Night

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-31-200707:49 PM
    <hr></blockquote>

dontspamme Guest

<blockquote><hr>alysscarlet wrote:
    I too have exactly the same problem as the poster above. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Home Edition and downloaded the basic ZoneAlarm 7 yesterday and it installed a Junk Mail toolbar in Outlook. Now whenever I open Outlook it starts to scan, and then freezes with an error message and I'm forced to exit.

The same thing happens even when ZoneAlarm is switched off, and I can't find any way of disabling the email scan from outside Outlook (and I can't do it from inside Outlook because it crashes).

Any advice on how to fix this or do I have to uninstall ZoneAlarm altogether?

Thanks
    Alys
    <hr></blockquote>

If the scan that is causing the crashes only occurs when you are downloading new email (which tends to happen automatically once you start Outlook), it might be enough to unplug your network cable or temporarily disable your wireless connection, so that you can unselect the MailBuddy Add-in within Outlook as previously described in this thread.

I'm still looking for a solution for Outlook Express, though.

alysscarlet Guest

Thanks, but I don't have Outlook set to download my email automatically on launch. The crash occurs when I launch Outlook anyway, so I can't get anywhere near unselecting Mailbuddy.

:-(

chicknew Guest

In this fairly long thread about Outlook Express and Anti-Spam of free ZA, I've seen several solutions to dealing with ZA 7 Intrusive Mailware for Outlook...how to remove it. BUT...I am still not seeing a single viable solution for Outlook Express. Anyone have any idea how to turn this off in Outlook Express???

Thanks,
    Chick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information