Thread: 7.0.337 makes outlook crash ... rolling back

not_so_pleased Guest

Default 7.0.337 makes outlook crash ... rolling back

Unfortunately 7.0.337.000 makes Outlook crash every time you try to run Outlook.

I suspect it is due to the toolbar that automatically installs in the outlook application... even though the installer does NOT give me any option to leave it out of the install. Say no to the safelist question... well it installs components into Outlook anyway. This is simply unacceptable.

So had to roll back to 6.5.737.000.

For those looking for the link to previous versions go here:

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

Enjoy your time uninstalling... and re-installing the old version.

Be sure you keep the old installer around for after the patch on 7.0.337.000 ... whenever it comes out.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

sweetfa Guest

Default Re: 7.0.337 makes outlook crash ... rolling back

Yep, same here:
    just finishing the unistall/ reinstall/ cancel-whatever-you-were-going-to-do-this-morning Thing.Outlook is still taking it`s time opening, but at least it`s running again.
    SweetfaWindows 2000 Professional

not_so_pleased Guest

After screening the other forum posts for the last few days....

Now I think i have to roll back the other wintel boxes i have...

Sadly spending several hours tomorrow pulling out (possibly functional instals of version 7 (on win 2k & XP) --; other than one test box --; back to v. 6.5 ... Thank GOD it still works!!!

If there are this many probs with v.7 ... Nothing important can be permitted to use it until the general community is satisfied with THE PATCH for this miscombobulation ... of ZoneAlarm...

CheckPoint ---; You folks should be seriously ashamed at your non-existant beta-testing and ... pathetic customer support. (other than receipt of email ... no feedback ... W.TF???) OMG ... what a cluster-F@#$ this v.7 has been...

I simply cannot believe that the ZoneAlarm employees have not ... so to speak risen up ... yanked Mail Frontier ... and issued a new emergency patch to pull it out of ZA until it was properly tested.

SHAME ON YOU!! -- whomever is responsible for This!!! (whether it is CheckPoint or ZoneAlarm)

I am so downright disappointed!!!

not_so_pleased

elfjune Guest

Thank you for this post. I was trying to figure out how to disable the email feature period but of course, there isn't anything that allows one to do that. I already have a great email spam blocking feature through my isp.

br&gt;<blockquote><hr>not_so_pleased wrote:
    Unfortunately 7.0.337.000 makes Outlook crash every time you try to run Outlook.

I suspect it is due to the toolbar that automatically installs in the outlook application... even though the installer does NOT give me any option to leave it out of the install. Say no to the safelist question... well it installs components into Outlook anyway. This is simply unacceptable.

So had to roll back to 6.5.737.000.

For those looking for the link to previous versions go here:

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

Enjoy your time uninstalling... and re-installing the old version.

Be sure you keep the old installer around for after the patch on 7.0.337.000 ... whenever it comes out.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>

Thread Information