Thread: Support for Windows Live Mail client?

jh Guest

Default Support for Windows Live Mail client?

Hidoes anyone know if support for Windows Live Mail client is likely to be added? I have Vista, though I'm dual booting and not using it much. One reason is that no one, even the press, has mentioned that Windows Mail does not support POP3 accounts, so bye bye Hotmail. Who dreamt that one up?
    The alternative seems to be Windows Live Mail desk top, which I've loaded onto XP and it's working very nicely, I recommend it. ZA mail thingy pops up every time there's incoming mail, which is more than it could manage on OE. ZA email protection
    has died on OE and nothing I did would fix it. But on querying ZA email it reports that I haven't had any email. Err, not true. So I just wondered.
    While I'm here 2 things.
    I don't visit very often and since the last time;1. Where has technical support gone. I am deeply unimpressed if it has
    vanished or even if it's just been made so hard to find that it is effectively gone. How do you spell Kaspersky?2. I was astonished to be told when I tried to login to the forum "This site requires the use of browser cookies.". I've had to turn cookie control off to get in!! This on a site run by a security company!! I participate in my forums, I know they drop cookies on my pc, what is ZA up to?
    'scuse me I'm just off to turn my cookie security back on.
    JH

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Support for Windows Live Mail client?

You would have to ask the company. If anyone here knew for sure, it would be covered a non disclosure agreement.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

naivemelody Guest

Microsoft is upgrading Hotmail web mail service - article from PCWorld -5-7-07.
    http://www.pcworld.com/printable/art...printable.html
    . The following is selected excerpts -<hr>Microsoft Delivers Hotmail UpgradeMicrosoft has has begun a months-long process of migrating users to a major upgrade of its Hotmail Web mail service.Juan Carlos Perez, IDG News ServiceMonday, May 07, 2007 01:00 PM PDT

Microsoft Corp. has closed the public testing period for Windows Live Hotmail and has begun a months-long process of migrating users to this major upgrade of its Hotmail Web mail service,...
    <hr>
    Microsoft will not autocratically move users to the new version. For now, Microsoft will give Hotmail users the option to continue using the old version if they don't want to switch to the upgraded version. However, at some point, everyone will be unilaterally migrated over to Windows Live Hotmail,...<hr>

Later this month, Microsoft will release a free software for linking Windows Live Hotmail with Outlook, a capability the company previously charged for. With Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for MSN, users of the Web mail service will be able to access their account from Outlook, along with e-mail, contacts and folder synchronization for free. In the future, Microsoft will release a desktop client for Windows Live Hotmail called Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail will be the successor to Outlook Express and Windows Mail on Windows Vista.
    <hr>NaiveMelody NYC 5-8-07~9:49pm e.s.t. - Suite:Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills &amp; Nash

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>JH wrote:
    Hidoes anyone know if support for Windows Live Mail client is likely to be added? I have Vista, though I'm dual booting and not using it much. One reason is that no one, even the press, has mentioned that Windows Mail does not support POP3 accounts, so bye bye Hotmail. Who dreamt that one up?The alternative seems to be Windows Live Mail desk top, which I've loaded onto XP and it's working very nicely, I recommend it. ZA mail thingy pops up every time there's incoming mail, which is more than it could manage on OE. ZA email protectionhas died on OE and nothing I did would fix it. But on querying ZA email it reports that I haven't had any email. Err, not true. So I just wondered.While I'm here 2 things.I don't visit very often and since the last time;1. Where has technical support gone. I am deeply unimpressed if it hasvanished or even if it's just been made so hard to find that it is effectively gone. How do you spell Kaspersky?2. I was astonished to be told when I tried to login to the forum "This site requires the use of browser cookies.". I've had to turn cookie control off to get in!! This on a site run by a security company!! I participate in my forums, I know they drop cookies on my pc, what is ZA up to?'scuse me I'm just off to turn my cookie security back on.JH

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>to the Zone Alarm User Forum..1.) as a Paid User of Zone Alarm you have Free Access to ZA tech support at www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    2.) All of the Missing Features in ZASS for Vista that are in the ZASS for XP are planned to be added back in with the Next Upgrade to ZASS for Vista...3.) You need to read more of the Infomation Provided to you on the Left side of the Zone Alarm Control Center Page..Cookie Control and Web-Site access is controled in the Privacy/Site-list section..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

phoenixgtr Guest

I'm curious too. I'm running Windows XP, but I'm trying out Windows Live Mail as an easy way to get all my email (I have Verizon with MSN) without using the MSN software if I don't want.
    If I decide to use it, it would be nice if ZASS could integrate into it like it does into OE.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>PhoenixGTR wrote:
    I'm curious too. I'm running Windows XP, but I'm trying out Windows Live Mail as an easy way to get all my email (I have Verizon with MSN) without using the MSN software if I don't want.
    If I decide to use it, it would be nice if ZASS could integrate into it like it does into OE.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..as a Paid User of Zone Alarm you have Free Access to ZA tech support at www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information