Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I uninstall the Zone Alarm Outlook Anti-spam Toolbar?

wjmalik Guest

Default How do I uninstall the Zone Alarm Outlook Anti-spam Toolbar?

I upgraded to version 7, and somewhere along the line Zone Alarm decided to install this toolbar. I already have a reliable spam filter. How do I get rid of it? Other products allow you to uninstall unwanted features, why not this one?
    Resetting all my options and deleting my customization is not an acceptable answer.
    Thanks for your help.
    Bill

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

drmorbius Guest

Default Re: How do I uninstall the Zone Alarm Outlook Anti-spam Toolbar?

I'm with you. I have the same problem and it is very annoying and frustrating. I hope someone has an answer.

naivemelody Guest

Important update on this issue: 4-7-07 <hr>Are you running another type of web browser other thanMicrosoft's
    Internet Explorer
    6 or
    Internet Explorer 7??
    Like Firefox orOpera,etc. You must use IE6 or IE7 - if you want to use the link below, then it will work, plus shutdown either Webroot SpySweeper and/or PCTools SpyDoctor, for good measure. Remember to turn back Webroot and/or PCTools afterwards. This link is for those who have installed ZA 7 Free version and are having problems with OutLook and Outlook Express with(ZA mailsafe,ZA anti-spam,ZA mail frontier) inadvertently enabled withZA 7 Free.<hr>Some users of free ZoneAlarm have inadvertently had Anti-spam enabled. This can cause interference with Outlook and Outlook Express, or possibly with Outlook crashes.
    To turn off the anti-spam filtering, please click on the following link. Select Run. Once it runs, you will get a popup asking if you really wish to add this information to the registry, click Yes. Then reboot your system. Antispam should now be disabled.
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ier/mf_off.reg
    We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Zone Labs
    Support

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 04-04-200709:59 AM<hr>
    NaiveMelody NYC 3-31-07~9:44pm e.s.t. - Hunter - Dido

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 04-07-200708:05 PM

drmorbius Guest

Thanks for the suggestion, don't know why I didn't think of it myself. However, in the process of uninstalling, I may have found a better solution. You can keep ZA 7x, but disable the ZA Outlook spam filter. In Outlook, go to Tools, Options.
    Select the Other tab and click the Advanced Options button. Then click COM Add-Ins, and uncheck the MailBuddy Outlook Addin checkbox and click Ok as many times as necessary to get out.

wjmalik Guest

Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion - I appreciate the guidance. It also took me to a set of options that I'd never seen before, and I was able to clean out some trash - did anyone know that iTunes installed an add-in to Outlook?
    Banished they are, in darkness they dwell. As Yoda might have said.
    And thanks the volunteers who maintain this list - it is very helpful.
    Best,
    Bill

denny_crane Guest

For those of us using Outlook 2007 its a little different. You have to go to &quot;Tools&quot; then &quot;Trust centre&quot; then &quot;Add-ins&quot; highlight the add in and then &quot;Go&quot;

jenso Guest

** No registry edit posts per the User Guidelines

Message Edited by BETA on 04-03-2007 09:57 AM

magician Guest

When I try to run the program from &quot;NaiveMelody's&quot; link, I get a dialog box asking me what program I want to use to open it.
    Help!
    Thanks --

cornbread Guest

I have a laptop with XP Home and Outlook 2003. I had to uninstall ZoneAlarm (forget which version), because it was conflicting with my wireless printer
    software installation. I uninstalled ZA, but it didn't uninstall completely.The &quot;Zone
    Labs&quot; folder is still in my Program Files folder taking up 7.56MB of space, and the toolbar is still in Outlook. How do I uninstall the ZA/Outlook 2003 features/add-ons? And, may I delete the &quot;C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\&quot; folder, safely?

wjlandon Guest

drmorbius,
    Thx much for the info ...
    worked like gangbusters

Will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information